Flash is too bright, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by Ric Hatermann, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Ric Hatermann

Ric Hatermann New Member

I've been posting on this forum for the past few months as I've been having a serious problem with my Samsung Focus when taking pictures at night time. I've kind of narrowed it down to where I'm about 95% sure that the issue that I've been havinig has nothing to do with the settings. The issue is with the Flash- it's too powerful and as a result it whitens out your eyes. Last month I just gave up and called Technical Support and actually returned the phone and had them send me a new one and I have the same exact problem. the only thing that surprises me is that nobody else seems to complain about this? it tells me that this is not a very popular phone and nobosy has it.
    I'm going to try a few more things and put scotch tape over the flash to see if it will lower the light level. Is there anyone else that is having issues with their pictures when using the flash on this camera or does nobody just not even notice it? It's defintely a major issue!
  2. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

Flash is too strong? Mine's just fine.

Whether this is a personal opinion or if you actually have two damaged units, I don't know. You can always try turning it off it is too strong.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I love how bright the flash is, but hate the "white eyes" that appear in a lot of the pictures. I just got my wife a Focus and finally see what you've been complaining about.