Flagging Emails in Hotmail / Live Accounts

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by xpistou, Dec 3, 2010.

1. xpistou

xpistou New Member

Okay, this is frustrating. One of the neat features I saw before purchasing my WP7 was the ability to flag messages in the email client. When I got my phone and set up my main account (which is a Hotmail account), that functionality did not exist. I tested my Gmail account, and it does have the ability to flag messages. What gives? Does anyone else have this issue? Is there any way to resolve it?
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Tap and hold the message you'd like to flag. You'll see a contextual menu. Select 'set flag'. In gMail, I can scroll right and see my 'flagged' messages.
  3. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

I just noticed that when I do flag emails on Gmail however that it is not the same as "star"-ing an item if you were on the actual Gmail inbox. Unfortunately, because of that I can not find much use in flagging emails on my phone. It is a shame and one of several things I hope they add support/tweak for the next update.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Better support overall for gmail would be great. Labels, stars, etc.
  5. xpistou

xpistou New Member

Thanks, but that option doesn't exist in my hotmail inbox (or in another hotmail inbox that I tested). It does exist in my gmail inbox. And it's not as though hotmail doesn't support the functionality, I use it in Outlook 2010 all the time with my hotmail account, and it even appears as flagged on the web client. I tried setting up my hotmail account using Exchange settings, but that didn't remedy the problem. What a pain.