fixed one problem, now a bigger one

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by coreyzat, Mar 24, 2010.

1. coreyzat

coreyzat New Member

fixed one problem, now a bigger one

So with the help of manbat, I fixed the "texts slowing down my phone" issue. (see thread http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/moto-q-9c/texts-slowing-down-phone-38434.html)

Everything was great until the first time I restarted my phone. Not it's stuck on the Win 6.1 welcome green screen. I've tried removing the battery, restarting it, etc, but it always gets stuck there. The phone will turn off with the power button even from that screen, so there's some sort of processing going on.
  2. txter

txter New Member

i think ou may be stuck in a flash boot mode. you may need to hard reset
  3. coreyzat

coreyzat New Member

I was afraid of that. Unfortunately, right before I rebooted (and seem to have busted) the phone, I had a memo that I really don't want to lose. Is there any way to recover before or after a hard reset?
  4. txter

txter New Member

where did you have it saved to on the phone? was it to the phone itself or to a mem card in the phone? you can take the card out and get it that way. you may still be able to connect to a pc if you can atleast get it to power up. try that and see if you can nav through your phone.
  5. coreyzat

coreyzat New Member

Alas, I hadn't moved it to the card yet.

I tried connecting to the phone and at least retreiving the file, but it didn't work. I ended up having to do a hard reset. I lost the info but at least my phone is working again.
  6. txter

txter New Member

remember backing up is your friend. try MyPhone or mIQ or Dashwire....all free
  7. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

MS MyPhone is an invaluable tool. I hope some version of it makes it to Windows Phone 7.
  8. ryant35

ryant35 Member

I have had my Q stuck on the WM start-up screen, but after a master reset. I pulled the battery, let it sit, and then tried master reset a couple more times. The first time this happened I ended up taking the phone back to Verizon and getting it replaced under warranty. Then the last time it happened a few weeks ago when I did a master reset I reset it again and it started normally.

So master reset is my only suggestion. With the phone off press the center D pad key & end until is asks you if you want to master reset. Press yes. If it still won't start up try it a couple more times.

As for recovery, if your files are on the phone and the phone won't start up then you can't connect to your PC. Your PC doesn't see the phone as removable media like a thumb drive, so it takes windows to load and start to connect.