First two dumb questions.....

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by jontyrees, Nov 12, 2010.

1. jontyrees

jontyrees New Member

1 - How do I delete multiple emails at one time? I have several hundred emails showing up, and I don't want to delete them one by one. Is there a way to paint dozens/hundreds/all of them at once and delete? I'm coming from Blackberry world, so this may not even apply in WP world. Do I need to delete them from my home PC to stop them from reappearing when I synch the phone with my Outlook on my home PC?

2 - How do I get the sound to come out of headhones instead of through the phone's speaker? I'm trying to listen to music, but it's only coming out of the phone speaker. I did successfully load a ton of music from my home PC on to the phone using the Zune software, but now I'd like to hear it in private!

TIA
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

In your email app, click on the second round icon at the bottom for list view. Click in the checkboxes next to the items you'd like to delete.

Another way, which is faster, is to simply tap at the left of an email. It will automagically realize you want to select this email.

When finished, hit the trash can icon.
  3. jontyrees

jontyrees New Member

So no way to "roll" over a lot of messages at once? With the Blackberry, I could hold the shift key while rolling down as many messages as I liked, and delete them all at once. It gave the option of deleting off the phone, the server, or both. With the Focus, do the messages live on the phone at all? Once I delete them from my home PC, will they be gone from the phone?
    Thx!
  4. Fleon

Fleon New Member

No, no way to "roll over" them, but the check mark seems pretty quick unless you get hundreds of emails at a time.
    The messages live on the phone and on the cloud and should sync everywhere. When you delete off the phone, it should delete off the home PC and vice versa.