firmware upload problem

Discussion in 'Samsung Omnia' started by captain98, Aug 5, 2009.

1. captain98

captain98 New Member

firmware upload problem

I'm having problems uploading the firmware. It always stops at 60% and doesn't move past that spot. There isn't an error message. I tried to restart it a couple times.

Any suggestions?

I may have to take it in to a Verizon store otherwise.
  2. txter

txter New Member

3. captain98

captain98 New Member

On that link you sent me, the last option is all in chinese or something. It's the firmware option. I didn't download the driver before. It was going for about 25 min and it would get to the 60% fast, but then stop and not move.
  4. txter

txter New Member

sorry about the link. go to vzw site or www.samsungmobile.com
    you should be able to get it there. you have to install the driver first. after you do that, reboot your computer.
    let me know how you do
  5. captain98

captain98 New Member

I'm having problems finding it. The phone did boot up, but the phone itself does not work, meaning the phone function does not turn on.
  6. captain98

captain98 New Member

7. txter

txter New Member

thats where i got the firmware from also. you can try again. mine took ten mins to do.
    make sure u have the stuff...vista or xp software.
  8. captain98

captain98 New Member

Well I guess I won't do that again. My phone was under warranty and they replaced it. The store I was at didn't have the stuff they needed to flash the phone with. I would like the update, but I'll have someone from another Verizon store do it for me.
  9. txter

txter New Member

ya...you have to have the drivers first. after that the sofrware does the rest. sorry about that. i thought i bricked mine. i ended up reflashing and then flashing over a custom rom with 6.5.
    i love it more than ever now.
  10. captain98

captain98 New Member

I got the update completed this weekend. So what are the main differences or changes I should notice or be looking for? I noticed a couple new programs, customize the widget bar and easy settings. I never used google maps because it wouldn't work.
  11. txter

txter New Member

you now have gps. that doesnt mean only google maps. i have Bing, Gmaps, and Amaze...all free. some of the screens are a bit different. i really cant say because i am running a custom rom and only saw the updated rom for a min or less. the only part i have is the cf03 base. i guess the big deal is the open gps. that was major for most people.