file deletion using wm 6.1

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by riskybzns, Oct 25, 2008.

1. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

file deletion using wm 6.1

has anyone else deleted multiple files at the same time, to find out that it doesn't delete one of your checked files or deletes one of the files that you didn't check?
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

for sure another thread on this...not sure where though! at least 2 members having same issues...discussing.
  3. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

i'm sorry, i'll make sure to clear it with you before i create another thread. on that note, i'm not going to spend all my time going through post after post to find out there is nothing about the subject. the search feature hardly narrows it down, wants to pick up every single post or no post at all.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

didn't mean that at all! just meant I know its an issue as ive seen peeps talkin about it! if i run across the thread i'll post it...if not...maybe those members will chime in.

thats all...
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

it happens all the time or you delete 1 file and 3 vanish. a refresh brings them back.
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

7. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

how's it going to bring back the files it deleted on its own, even after a refresh? my apologies for not mentioning that i'm aware of the refresh thing, but I also know that it doesn't always bring them back.
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

the files i didnt wont deleted vanish sometimes, i refresh, and there back.
  9. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

i get the whole concept of the refresh thing, but i have seen times that a refresh doesn't bring them back.
  10. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Seems odd since I've tried to reproduce this issue and haven't been able to. If it's a Windows 6.1 issue I would've thought that it would raise it's ugly head towards my Q9c as well.
    Hmmm.... thanks though, will keep an eye out when I'm doing multiple deletes.
  11. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

well, i'm not delusional because someone else has confirmed that its happening. scroll down to the bug in wm 6.1 using multiple selection.
  12. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Scary. I started deleting stuff from my pc when im sync
  13. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

What I'm saying is that perhaps it's not so much a 6.1 issue, but rather a 6.1 configuration issue? I have a VZW Q9c that came with 6.1 already loaded, and have even done speed alterations, so not sure if that's why it's not happening to me.

But as I stated, thanks for bringing it up, it'll make me pay attention when I do a multiple deletion from this point on.
  14. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

like the other person said in the other thread, maybe it is a sprint thing. all i know is that its a bunch of crap because it wasn't doing this under 6.0
  15. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Has anyone with a VZW Q9c actually also stated it happened to them? It's the same for us and the GPS functionality with VZW while you guys at Sprint have basically open access... configuration difference possible with the multiple deletion issue?
  16. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

ok, toss that thought out. kush said has verizon and the same thing happened to them.
  17. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Well then I definitely will pay attention when I delete.
  18. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

its not always when doing several items. I'll delete just 1 thing and the 1 or 2 items below it vanish.
  19. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

i've seen that happen, but like you said earlier, a refresh usually takes care of it and brings those back. its only when doing multiple deletions that i've seen it delete unchecked files and never bring them back.
  20. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Now 'that' is a huge problem!..... Although I've gotten good at reloading my Qs from scratch, I'm not sure I'd like to experience a essential file accidental deletion, and be forced to master reboot...... I still am not sure if you can overwrite the Q9c's pim.vol. Well I couldn't when trying to using my Q1's pimvol onto my Q9c.