Favorites Re-appearing

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by jmorisey, Apr 11, 2009.

1. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Favorites Re-appearing

Anyone else having a problem of certain "FAVORITES" re-appearing in IE when you delete them? I have deleted the following Favorites
    • Get Applications
    • Get BroadbandAccess Connect
    • Get Music
    • Get Support
    • Samsung
    • Verizon Wireless
    All of which re-appear after a period of time.

...and to answer your questions, no, I have not synced my phone since I deleted them and the came back.

Jon
  2. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I think i just ignored them, but I'd be happy to delete a few and see if they come back. What's the time period...hours, days, a soft reset ??
  3. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Not the answer your are looking for, but I have not paid enough attention to those details yet... I just know I remove them and the re-appear.

P!$$!NG me off, lol

Jon
  4. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I'll try removing one and seeing what happens. It won't be tonight however. Too flipping tired. Worked out at 9am and came home and made a 13 x 9 landscape bed in front yard. Ripped out the grass, dug up the tree that was there (and looked like crap), trips to places for dirt, plants, and river rock. It came out awesome...but we basically worked on it from 10 til 8. St. Augustine grass is such a bear to get out.
  5. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

I wish I had time to do my yard... I need to remove some tree stumps, escavate & level my backyard and fill-in a area next to the house that has been washed out from rain. Between work and family, I just don't have the time anymore...

on to the topic for a second, I just deleted them again... performed a sync (via Wireless Sync) and rebooted the phone... did not re-appear, so I am not sure what triggers them coming back...
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

Just a thought...do you sync to Dashwire at all? That would also put them back on phone...
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

good point. active sync would do that also.
  8. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

No... and they DID come back after a reboot. No ActiveSync either...
    Why the hell would MS/Verizon FORCE favorite links to you??? Seems a little overboard to me.

Jon
  9. EQBob

EQBob New Member

only if you sync favorites.
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

confirmed. reappears after reboot. next to try is moving them to a subfolder but I don't suspect that will stick either.
  11. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Here's the results from yesterday's work efforts. I certainly hear you about the time it takes. <G>

Attached Files:

12. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

You available for hire in Central Illinois?
  13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

You pay airfare, room, and board on top of wages? <G>
  14. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

DEAL!!! I will have a check ready for you as soon as you arrive... It will be personally signed by Bernard L. Madoff!!!

15. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Wow...I'm....honored <G>