factory pictures stuck in the picture thumbnails

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by danpad, Jan 9, 2009.

1. danpad

danpad New Member

factory pictures stuck in the picture thumbnails

I have a couple of pictures that are stuck in the picture thumbnils even after 3 system resets. They are titled Pavement and CircStartMenuBkgrnd When I try to delete them it tells me that they are system files and if I remove them the device or programs will no longer work correctly. So after going ahead and trying to delete them anyways permission is denied.
    how can I get them out? I just recieved my phone afew days ago did I get a faulty phone has anyone else had to deal with this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

danpad
  2. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Nope..thats normal.

Is it buggin ya that much?

The corcle menu is used when you have your start menu set to circle.

If you delete it. the circle menu might not work.
  3. danpad

danpad New Member

yeah it's buggin me. When I down load my pictures it stalls right there. I have them automatically deleted but those two pictures don't delete and then a picture or two right after those two get skiped either not downloaded or not deleted.
    You said it's normal. Do you mean.
    Every one with a moto q has these two pictures hanging out in their thumbnails permanently?
  4. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Yup..normal.

Or at least for me..
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

I have an older model Q, so I don't have those specific pictures in the thumbnails, but there are 2 others that I can't delete...they are in the Rom, so like certain videos that can't be deleted, neither can these....I have "waterfall" and "flower" in my thumbnails...
  6. danpad

danpad New Member

Weird.

Thanks for commenting.
  7. danpad

danpad New Member

Do you have a problem like I described while downloading pictures and videos that fall behind those pictures?
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

great!

I do have the pics you mention plus about 6 more rom ones...q9c..verizon. yea they are in rom and if you use a different file explorer like resco or total commander you can delete them...at least they are gone until the next reset. although those pics for me are last in the line up, any new pics or vids are placed before the rom ones...so i dont care they are there...barely use any space..even vids appear first.

back to the "great!"...all my vids have no associations since my last back up/restore...wont play in WMP like they did. bummer....
  9. danpad

danpad New Member

thanks treefrog for the resco and total comander idea I'll soon give it a try. Pictures I take with the Q fall in after those two but any picture that gets mailed to me comes in before them.

Thanks