Facebook for WM 1.2 on Marketplace

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Robokam, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Robokam

Robokam New Member

Facebook for WM 1.2 on Marketplace

I noticed there was a newer version on the Marketplace app. I installed it and it shows it as v1.1.0.14 (Marketplace lists it as 1.2) in the About screen and it is slightly different than the previous version. I can't find the cab file anywhere and it installed it into the phones memory. I tried looking for a cab file so that I could install it to my memory card instead but couldn't find any.
  2. helltoupee

helltoupee New Member

Unless it is a major upgrade, I have tried and used a couple FB apps including that one but not that version and found them all lacking compared to just using Opera Mobile to access FBs mobile site. Or even the non mobile site for that matter. Just my opinion. Good luck and let us know if you find it and I might give it a spin. Thanks

Hell Toupee from my Q9c
  3. Robokam

Robokam New Member

I also like to use the mobile site from Opera on my Q9h. This new app has some minor changes I noticed that make it more on par with the mobile site. The News Feed shows if there are any comments or if people like it. That was one of the reasons I would go to the mobile site. There's also an option for Older Posts on the News Feed. On the prior version for WM, some Profile pictures wouldn't display and now all of them do. You can also view comments from Status Updates and Photos.

When you are accepted by a friend, this used to show on the Wall. I found them now under Notifications. Just minor changes but I think it's better than the prior version. Now if I can only find the cab version. Too bad FB isn't like AP where they will send you the cab file.
  4. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

The upgraded app is actually an improvement over the previous version. Not perfect, but a definite improvement.
  5. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

touch.facebook.com is a really cool interface but it has bugs and doesn't list all the posts properly
  6. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

It does look good. A three week old post came up first and I couldn't get to notifications. There are some bugs to squash. Something to watch.
  7. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

So has anyone found facebook 1.2 from a source other than marketplace?
  8. Kingfish

Kingfish Member

I don't even see 1.2 on the Marketplace.
  9. Xman71

Xman71 New Member

Facebook 1.2

Browsing the Marketplace from the web, it does say 1.2 on the main Facebook entry. Have not downloaded it yet though...Can someone grab the cab?
  10. nukethis

nukethis Member