Extreme Text - Threaded SMS

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Birdsoft, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a.nixjr@yahoo.com

a.nixjr@yahoo.com New Member

Problems with Text App

Is anyone having issues with the phone locking up after you access emails and then switch back to Extreme Text?? Afterwards, whenever I try to send a text it won't go out until I open the Tmail program. Then I have to fiddle around with it and I eventually end up powering down, and everything is fine. I'm sure there is something I'm doing wrong to avoid powering down after every time I check my email. Also has anyone noticed that the app doesn't capitalize after exclamation marks?? And for my last question... is anyone experiencing a text notification by sound/vibrate, but no icon appears to notify that one is there?? So you end up having to go in Extreme Text and check and see who sent the text by viewing the times.

Thanks in advance.
  2. ducs9999

ducs9999 New Member

I'm having the same problem and the solution found so far, is to let opened 'Text message' in task manager (don't kill), by doing that, the SMS is sent right away. It's a bit strange but it seems to work. Unfortunately, this is a good product as usual (using eXtreme Agenda since months) but, this is my last day for the trial and I will probably go back to Txtman 2.0 since I'm with MOL1 and I have the luck to have this one working.

:laugh2::wink::laugh2:
  3. sulster

sulster Active Member

<raises hand>

Birdsoft is an Equal Opportunity Developer! :)
  4. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

That's great, that's why I will always support birdsoft, they stand behind their products.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh yea he sure does that.. one of the many pros of Brian/Birdsoft.
  6. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

Liked it but couldn't get it to work...

So I installed this, really excited about it but like other users, when I get a txt, it alerts me, but then I have to scroll through ALL my contacts to find out who sent it.

My contacts functioned weird. It defaulted to asking me the #, when I put in the name it took MUCH longer to send the message than if I manually typed their #.

Also, if I open XT it then gives me an option of outlook or XT. If I choose outlook (So I can check e-mail accounts, since "e-mail" is not an option.) I cannot ever get back to XT except by reopening the program or a soft reset. (TXT softkey doesn't work)

Also, messages did not send immediately and despite having "save sent items", it never did.

I have not uninstalled it because it wouldn't. Was not listed in remove programs either on PC or phone. So I left it in hopes later editions will have better uninstall. After reading all the posts, boy am I glad I waited.

Not to mention, as noted by several others it is VERY slow. Hoping that gets better with later versions.

I like the idea, but I wouldn't pay for it yet. Still very rough around the edges.
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thomasshawn; did you set it to sort by newest ? i don't find it slow btw..
  8. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

'Sort by newest' isnt quite out yet Rudeboy... :) Hopefully the release, later today I believe, will help with some of your problems.. But if you find it slow, it is possible you just have too many Old texts for it to manipulate or else you
    have other Q issues....But yes, we have ideas for optimizing speed even more....It will become a little easier on this new release to clean up texts as well...

Other things:
    "save sent items" has nothing to do with speed of send...

Not in uninstall list on the device? How did you install it as it uses a standard install....?
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

uhm.... oops :foot:
  10. sulster

sulster Active Member

Hey--would you elaborate on this? I don't understand where the contacts list comes into play? When I get a new text, I open XText (I have assigned it a speed dial number AND reordered my Start menu so it's easy to get to) and there is list of everyone I am "conversing" with. Anyone with a new text has an Icon by their name (it's like a balloon with a green arrow).

On the uninstall, did you go into the Options and UNCHECK XText as your default text program?

I have never experienced it being slow, but granted I do not keep texts on my Q. If I want to save a text, I use Jeyo to save it onto my computer.

Yikes--I really think this is a neat app and I hate to see you having such trouble with it...
  11. viceaction

viceaction New Member

How beta is this ? Alpha ? It is barely ok. However all the others SMS Threader and TxtMan (before MOL updates) were much better looking... oh yeah and Free.
  12. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

only had about 40 txts I thought about that too.

Sorry two different ideas: It did not save SENT MESSAGES and #2 did not send immediately. Came back 5 minutes later and mesage sitting in outbox.
    I have no other issues, I use the standard txt program and it is immediate and very responsive.

As for the install, I downloaded the cab file, installed it to the card not the device. But not listed on remove programs on the phone, also not listed if connected to PC.
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and oh yea, not working on MOL2/3/4 :}
  14. sulster

sulster Active Member

Whatever. They also didn't work. Maybe you don't need that in an app.
  15. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

sooooooooo if you dont like it then DONT USE IT
    no one has a gun to your head making you

enjoy txtman on MOL2/3/4 (as RB said)
  16. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

@ viceaction

No matter what you do... some people still act like @$$holes. Birdsoft offered to let us try his product and is using our feedback to help make the program better. What more do you want? How abpout being part of the solutions and not part of the problem?
  17. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

and ate all your messages so the only way possible to see them was in their program... and needs .NET....And yes, doesnt work on MOST Qs...

It doesnt say Beta or Alpha in the title...?? But I will say 1.01 will add a lot of the things that some people 'expected' right away. We just released Last week sans features because a few thousand people have been waiting for this and it was at a state where they really didnt need to wait any longer....
    And unfortunately the way Microsoft wrote their SMS application, some things are very hard to get around and are undocumented about handling Texts... all applications will have growing pains... Fortunately we jumped passed the main ones that Q owners experience(MOL2/3/4 support)....

Really.. Ok, I will be making it look as generic as possible in future releases...Huh? Ive heard this Twice now, so it must be true...
  18. Csquared

Csquared New Member

Well said. I try to teach all my employees this as well.
  19. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Let me skin it... Let me, let me, let me, let me, let me, let me, let me, let me... :angry:

(Just kidding)
  20. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

And still slow.. Ahh... It probably performs better and the install works correctly in Main Memory.. You should expect slowdowns from about any application running off a Memory card... We intentionally kept this a small footprint so it shouldn't be a hassle....Still not sure why the uninstall isnt showing though, but we use a Standard install so it is tested to work in ALMOST all cases.... The sending thing I hope to have addressed in 1.01 that Ill release later today...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.