Extreme Text - Threaded SMS

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Birdsoft, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sqlmotoq

sqlmotoq New Member

I assume that the receiver will see them on the other end? I ask because when I type : ) (without the spaces) it does not turn into a smiley so how can I verify that it actually added a smiley face to my message? Thank you for the fast reply:2cool:
  2. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

It's weird (for me anyway), sometimes it translates the smiley's both on incoming and outgoing texts...sometimes it still shows : ) instead of :smile:...
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

odd... i'll leave this for sulster, she messed with the smiley option... i prefer old skool ascii smiley's...
  4. blaidan

blaidan New Member

Rudeboy and THR -

Thanks for the replies. Notice I asked "Is it safe to assume". :) I wasn't assuming anything!
  5. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I feel left out! What aobut us PPC users with Touchscreens?
  6. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Do you have a Treo or Other PPC Phone.. I have been trying to get someone to install it and see what happens on a WM Professional device, but am still waiting to hear.. It is written so it should easily move over, if it doesnt already.... Thanks

About Emoticons... Right now it justs translates in the lists and not in the edit and I dont have a way to allow you to select them (both should be coming in future versions).. So if the reciever doesnt have a program that recognizes basic emoticon symbols they will just see the corresponding text.
    : ) (with the space) is not recognized right now.. :) (no nose no space) or :) will be...

I would think MOL4 works, I have not documented fully confirmations on every one, but the way its written it should work on all of them!
  7. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I have a PPC6800. I will truy to installed and let you know.
  8. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I installed it and I cant change any of the options. Its also does not show the entire text from me or the person I sent it to. Only 9 or 10 words per text. other than that. Cool program!
  9. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Ahh... Hmmm... can you if you treat it like its a smartphone and push action to change the options instead of trying to tap..)

I will try to throw in the tapping of options in 1.01... You wouldnt want to send a screenshot of the messages...maybe on my forums at www.birdsoft.biz/forums.... or use my email there?? If I can tweak it a little bit to get it working well with PPC phones too, that would be great!!

Thanks for trying it....
  10. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Here are a couple of screenshots. I tap and hold on all the options. They show the little "Thinking icon" but they dont do anything.

Attached Files:

• ex7.jpg
      ex7.jpg
      File size:
      42.7 KB
      Views:
    • ex 6.jpg
      ex 6.jpg
      File size:
      44.1 KB
      Views:
  11. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Thanks those should help, If you push action(the center of the d-pad) do they change?? It would be better to discuss over email or something, as this is a Q related thread, so I wouldnt want anyone to get confused to thinking these problems are with the Q version... :)

Thanks again!!!!!
  12. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Man I just can't believe how much this app completes my Q experience....

I feel like I need to thank you again. :2cool:
  13. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

No problem. Thank you

BTW... I was able to modify the options by pressing the dpad. (Never even tried that). I'm gonna play around with the program a bit. I will update the Birdsoft forums with what I can figure out
  14. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Prosper, if you are still watching... Was this on the main screens or in the options or something, as the rotate code appears to be in there...?? Hmmm...

(good deal about the action thing, I figured it would... Ill have to straighten out the drawing of that too on PPC... drop an email or PM here, to get your birdsoft forum account activated if need be...)
  15. ihavesprintmotoq

ihavesprintmotoq New Member

I have a question...if I buy it now, will I get the updated version for free? or do I have to purchase those, too? Thanks! great job on the program!
  16. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Read this entire thread....:wink:
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

a little reading will get you a long way... already answered in this thread in this post.
  18. daniel

daniel New Member

it would be handy if i could save the person who texted me as a contact as well :)

otherwise...great program!!
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

too all readers:

Brian is keeping us (testers) busy with testing update(s)..
    stay tuned.
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

i hope some of the testers are female. just cuz you know ladies text too and have some prefrences diffrent from the guys
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.