Extreme Text - Threaded SMS

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Birdsoft, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

No I was refering to the time I forgot I had hacked off the camera sound and I had 69 screenshots to delete from my Q! :smile: I'm not talking in code, just poking fun at myself.
  2. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

For a future update...

1.)It'd be cool if when I clicked on "new message", my contacts would show the pictures that are saved for each contact. I never see the person's pic until after they reply.

2.)Sometimes when I send a message to someone It does not go through (no matter how long I wait) until after I: open up the default text app, check to see if it is in the sent file (which it usually is) Then go back to ET and its sent??? Its like when I open the default app the text gets kicked out to the recipient. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
  3. This is the one thing from preventing me from purchasing the program.
    Seems double the work to delete messages.
  4. piranah

piranah New Member

Using the trial and loving it. when i get money, ill buy.
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

i like it too... will buy but also considering xtreme agenda. i dont need some of the features though. but love the calendar contacts etc.
  6. csmguitarman

csmguitarman New Member

problem here. i uninstalled it and now when i try to message it wont take me to the normal messaging program. just says cannot find extreme text
  7. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

As was already discussed above as well ... :) Actually RIGHT ABOVE your last post...

So re-install and turn the system shortcut off under options....

Hope this helps....
  8. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

did you remove it totally from your Q? Can you sync with your pc? When I took it off, it did the same to me and I had to do a master reset.
  9. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Can't reinstall if you have removed program and your pc will not recognize your Q, which is what happened to me. A master reset is the only fix.
  10. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Yes I have the same thing happen to me. I posted in this thread about it as well. When you get an incoming text, it will automatically open the default text program (even if you just open XtremeText to view it, I think) and you can reply/send messages with no delay. If the default program is not running (from what I have experienced), it will wait in the outbox until you open/run the default text message program, then it will actually 'send' the message. A fix for this in future updates would be nice. :wink:

11. I did this before seeing the post and no problems on my end. If the pc is not seeing the device just copy it to a memory card and install the file that way. BTW I had it running off of the card and no problems.
  12. alan2013

alan2013 Member

Not sure if this was mentioned before; but i would like to reccommend a couple of things.

1. Is there any way we can map the left soft key to open up Extr Txt when new message is recieved, as opposed to it going to the standard txt inbox?
    Or maybe open up the Extr Txt app when a new txt is receieved like weve seen in Txtman.
    (Is there maybe a reg edit to help with the mapping idea?)
    2. More customizable options, such as being able to change font size and being able to delete whole conversations, not just message by message.

Great app! Already purchased, didnt receieve my reg code yet though...

-Alan
  13. csmguitarman

csmguitarman New Member

Ok so i re installed it to get my regular texting to work. So when the free trial is over am i going to have this problem again. I have to much stuff on my Q to do a master reset
  14. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I think my mistake was that I didn't take it back to the default text messaging before I removed Extreme Text. And when I went to text the Q was looking for Extreme Text. I would try removing it now since you are using the default and see what happens. Hope it won't be a master reset for you too.
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

exactly... make sure to switch back to default tmail before un-installing the program and there should be no problems.
  16. sqlmotoq

sqlmotoq New Member

Extreme Text Emoticon

I didn't see this question addressed in any of the post, unless I over looked it. If so sorry for the re-post. I am using the trial version of Extreme Text on a Q. How do you add an emoticon to your text message? I didn't see it anywhere in the menu when I send a text message. I have already checked emoticons in the option menu. This was the main reason that I downloaded the program to try out but I don't see where you would choose an emoticon from the menu. Any help would be appreciated and everyone have a wonderfully blessed day:happy:
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

enable them first of, and then type : ) which translates into a smiley.... (without the spaces.)
  18. blaidan

blaidan New Member

Is it safe to assume that this will work with MOL4? I haven't seen anything that explicitly states that it does. Although, I would assume that it should.
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you know what assume does... but i would expect it does yes, i know at least 3 of the testers are on Verizon so no MOL4 there.
  20. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I have MOL4, I didn't remove because it didn't work properly, just didn't have a use for it. I wasn't waiting with bated breath for this app. Would rather just im.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.