Extreme Text - Threaded SMS

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Birdsoft, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i think so...
    i think contact searching is going to be more like extreme agenda

2. my only gripe with XT is the search feature....Brian said he's working on it though.
  3. mexiken

mexiken New Member

I tried 1.1 and it still doesn't display my pictures for my contacts right on my Q9h =(

I was so bummed. I was looking forward to seeing the fix.
  4. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Do you use photo contacts or any program that allows your photo to show up anywhere?

Reason I asked is because if you do you would need to put your photo in the default contacts instead of that app... just a suggestion, that was my problem initially.
  5. VibrantRedGT

VibrantRedGT New Member

My issue with ET is even with the Shortcut checked in the options box I still have to open the program manually to use it. Really bummed I paid $15 for this.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thats what i do...doesnt really bother me
    the program works thats all that matters to me
  7. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Did you ever kill the main application or can you identify what may be opening it... I guess one more time explaining this isnt going to hurt..

MICROSOFT decided that if the default application is already open in the background, then it will always come up on any shortcut(the message right button, home screen plugin, etc...) will still open the default Mail/Text program. I did not find a way around this. But Version 1.1+ now has a helper application that is kicked off any time you open the program from within XT(like from the main list choice or if needed for sending) and that application sits and watches and kills Tmail once you leave it. That helper application isnt running if something else is making the default mail program run.

And some home screen plugins and 3rd party apps are really hardcoded so dont even use the default registry entry to try to identify what it should be calling, it just automatically locks to the default application.

What doesnt it do? Does it identify the numbers as the persons in your Outlook Contacts list, but doesnt use the picture, or isnt it matching up those people, and if not, can you PM me some examples...
  8. Idrove

Idrove New Member

Ok well I did a hard reset on my phone due to other probelms and reinstalled XT and now I am having only one but very annoying problem...

My outgoing text's are disappearing. It is only showing the incoming texts under each contact instead of the whole conversation? Any ideas on how to fix this?

-d
  9. sulster

sulster Active Member

Try going into the native txt app (tmail) and under options, you have to select "Save Sent Items". exit tmail (kill it) and you should be good to go.
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

Ya know I was having the same problem....I dont remember when it started (maybe when I updated) but thanx for posting this sometimes I just forget what I did in the first place lol.
  11. sulster

sulster Active Member

Ha ha! yeah, it's the little things that are easy to forget! :)
  12. cheri

cheri Active Member

i forget alota stuff !
    It is nice to have the reminder :)
  13. drait

drait New Member

I just installed the trial of XT, sent a few messages to my step-daughter, and then purchased a license. Very nice software! :thumbup:

The only gripe is the contact searching/adding of recipients. I'm a First Name Last Name sorter so it's a bit hard finding intended recipient(s) the way it is now. But I noticed someone else mentioned it in this thread, so hopefully the next revision will bring us FNLN people great joy :wink:
  14. h2point2

h2point2 New Member

hey i have installed the newest version i did have the previous version as well but now since the new install i am getting. "cannot execute tmail.exe" error sometimes, the program itself works fine and i like how you integrated the mail system and what not but this tmail.exe error is starting to bug me. any ideas?
  15. drait

drait New Member

Mine did that yesterday. I restarted my Q and it went away. It also said it couldn't execute the xtmailmon.exe so I'm assuming they're related.
  16. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Yes, Im not sure why it would not let you start that.. It is basically just trying to run the regular Pocket Outlook Mail program, so??? And xtmailmon
    is our program that watches that and closes it down. Very weird that that
    wouldnt be able to run as well. It must be something about it thinking they are locked....??
  17. sulster

sulster Active Member

I get the "Cannot execute tmail" pop up fairly frequently (once a day or every two days). I've just ignored it b/c I figured it had something to do with the workaround you had to do b/c Pocket Outlook thinks TXTs and Emails should be bound together...
  18. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Wow, I never see that. Are you guys running WM6? I'm on WM5.
  19. sulster

sulster Active Member

WM5 Original Q MOL 4
  20. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Well Beta Tester, that would have been a good thing to know... ;)

(and if you told me.. oops...)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.