Extreme Text - Threaded SMS

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Birdsoft, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheri

cheri Active Member

it sounds like u have it right. You get two options outlook takes you to your email or txt program and extreme txt takes u to extreme txt...click extreme txt.

im glad for two options...i need my email and extreme txt.
  2. VibrantRedGT

VibrantRedGT New Member

When on the home screen when you click on "email" do you get the two options? How about when you click on "Text" does it take you to the stock text area? The above is what is happening to me. Just want to know if this is what its suppose to do.
  3. sulster

sulster Active Member

if you have ET 1.11 & have it set to be the default program, click the 'messaging' button (with the envelope on it). it should bring up a menu of Extreme Text or Outlook.Click on ET.

ET *can not* open ET if you are in Outlook and try to hit Text Message fom there. you have to choose ET instead of Outlook.

pot Q
  4. toolman157

toolman157 New Member

i bought it off birdsofts xtreme text website. Ive pm and emailed and not sure what the hold up is. here is the transaction. If birdsoft is on this thread, pls pm me.
    Transaction ID: 0PX078606Y4750415Placed on Feb. 13, 2008ItemOptionsQuantityAmountExtreme Text
    Item # ET1021$14.95Subtotal:$14.95 USDTotal Amount:$14.95 USD
  5. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Nice app,

However it just takes too long to load/navigate to the text screen - when I want to sent a quick text.... Smarphones have too many steps already - I don't need anymore. I remember i could pump out a txt message on my samsung 920 in under 6 seconds (and that includes sending). With advanced smartphones, it just takes longer...

Later,

Matt!
  6. cheri

cheri Active Member

LOL that is mighty tight timing how long it takes to txt lol.
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

Brian will check in, I am not sure when but its pretty frequently. Just try to have a bit of patiencs. I am not very patient either so I know how frustrating that can be.

As far as the other question Here is the screen shot. Of what the screen looks like when you click on either your standard messaging app or extremetxt after you have it installed.

If you want txt choose the first one, if you want email choose the second one. Colors may vary as I have mine set to purple and green cuz im funky like that lol.

Attached Files:

8. cheri

cheri Active Member

I just remembered something, way back at the beginning of the thread somewhere it says something about delays with paypal because they have to be manually done or something like that. So, tomorrow I would figure something may happen. Just give it a couple more days.
  9. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Was it a paypal sale and have you recieved anything yet? I should have filled all of them unless it was an eCheck. Or if you used our Handango or Mobihand Shopping cart you should have recieved the code immediately on your email reciept.?? I can not find that transaction so would need something like the email address you used or something to identify the sale, you should be able to PM me now, my box here was full but I cleaned it out a bit....

Im not even sure what clicking on "text" means from your homescreen. Are you on a Q? If so it may be somebody elses home screen plugin and so whoever wrote that probably didnt use what they were suppose to and hardcoded it to Outlook Mail, so.. There is really nothing we can do about that, it isnt a bug....
  10. crupp

crupp New Member

Sorry, but am not able to make XT my default texting program. I have the shortcut button clicked. I have shut down and restarted my q9h and nothing. In my message list I see Text, Outlook (server), MMS, google, yahoo, MMS and not XT.

Sorry this probably is not that difficult, any help?
  11. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Yes, if you are on that screen you are already in Outlook Mail(the default text program too). We dont add ourselves to that list, we sit above it.

So the screen you see above in the Screenshot is what should come up if it is working correctly, and if you choose "Outlook Mail" then you will see the list you just described. We cant completely take over and give you no way to get to Outlook Mail, or you wouldnt be able to see emails at all, as we dont handle them.

And if you have "System Shortcut to XT" on in the newest version try just restarting XT and/or going into a task manager once and closing Outlook Mail. If it is running in the background Microsoft felt the need to hardcode their plugins so it comes up regardless if it is supposed to or not, but the newer versions shut it down automatically after you are done using it. This may not be kicking on if you already have it in the background the first time....
  12. crupp

crupp New Member

Maybe the fact that I am connected to my corportate outlook.xxxxx.com site so the device is always searching for new emails, contacts, tasks, or CA's. Hence, never releasing so XT can do it's thing. Oh well, not going to make me stop using it. THe only feature I wish worked is when i get text the right soft key says messages and when you click that you are taking to the default text program (maybe the two are related, oh well).
  13. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

Can't try new version

Wanted to give XT a try after the new update, I tried the initial release and really couldn't use it because of lock-ups. I installed the latest trial from the website and it says trial expired. So am I out of luck now? I'd like to use the program but it locked up my device and made all txt/email sluggish. as soon as I uninstalled it things got better. Now I am trying to give it another chance, but I can't.

Anyone have a suggestion?
  14. toolman157

toolman157 New Member

how do you send txt to multiple people in ext. txt.?

I find the conversation thread in extreme text. I click on it and the cursor goes to the text entry (bottom) of the screen for me to input text in. My question is how do I add a person that I want to send the text to? can I only send a text to one person at a time? I cant find the option to add a sender or to send txt to more than one person. What am I missing?
  15. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

only 1 person at a time
  16. toolman157

toolman157 New Member

Ok hopefully Brian will fix in update.
  17. When this happens I just reboot the phone, or kill all apps and it fixes the problem.
  18. ryetronics

ryetronics New Member

Just downloaded the trial version 1.11 and I can't receive any texts thru XT. I can send through XT fine, but when I receive a text, the standard WM5 Outlook text program grabs it. When I go back in XT, the new text is in there as new, but why isn't XT picking it up from the start?

Ideally, a pop-up or some other notification offering a link to the thread in XT should launch when a text is received. Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

PS. I'm a longtime Qusers.com member that just NOW found this awesome forum.
  19. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thats becuase XT uses the standard texting app

if you open the program and go to options and check 'system shortcut' you should be able to pick the program when you get a text by hitting the right menu buton 'message'
  20. ryetronics

ryetronics New Member

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up.

Here's another question. In my phone's address book, I organize my contacts by First Name - Last Name, but in XT, it does the opposite. Are there any plans to offer options on this in the future?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.