Extreme Text - Threaded SMS

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Birdsoft, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

So your sure this is something that the new version introduced and didn't happen in 1.02? I am stumped as to what could have caused this... So basically it is like part way thru your message the alt button is pushed(the symbols definitely correspond in this way?)
  2. Yeah Brian, it never happened in 1.02
    I have no idea what could be causing it. Smarttoolkit? Unsure
    I am not complaining mind you, just trying to figure it out.
  3. theabbotspeaks

theabbotspeaks New Member

yup i have the same problem as Tony, and it only started to happen after the upgrade to 1.1

At first I thought it was my fat fingers but I've been particularly careful. Sometimes the input will just start off as ALT rather than Abc.
  4. and doesn't happen during a message. it happens if a conversation is up on the screen and the screen turns off.
  5. blaidan

blaidan New Member

Ever since I went to the newest version I can't delete single messages within a conversation. The option is there to delete the message and the app does not freeze but the message does not delete. Tried closing out the application and seeing if there were any tasks/processes running for ET that I could kill (there were not) and then going back in but the messages were still there and I still could not delete them. I can successfully delete entire conversations though.

Anyone else? Any suggestions? Thanks.
  6. there is a newer version that came out in the past few days- try it out. I think its 1.11
  7. blaidan

blaidan New Member

That did the trick. Thanks! Didn't even notice that 1.11 came out! :smile:
  8. VibrantRedGT

VibrantRedGT New Member

Does the trial version overwrite the Windows text system? I've been getting texts but they do not go into ET. I have to manually open ET to use it.
  9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

that is correct
    you have to go in to the program to use it OR in XT go to options and check the 'system shortcut' button which will give you the option to go in to XT if you get a text when you click on the right soft key when it says 'message'
  10. VibrantRedGT

VibrantRedGT New Member

I do have the short cut box checked. If I have to manually click on XT to use it then Im not buying it. I thought it replaced the stock text system. Kinda bummed because on my Treo it replaced it and I loved it.
  11. n99hockey

if you have it checked while the program is running you have to exit the program (and i think reboot) for it to work...meaning if you open the program start to use it then check the box...it wont work..you must restart the app for that one to take effect

but if its still not working to your expectations you dont have to use it....if its that much of a pain...
    it is the only working threaded sms out there...but its up to you
  12. toolman157

toolman157 New Member

how do i get my registration code?

I paid for the software on wed. and still no reg. code. I tried PM to birdsoft as well as emails from paypal site. does anyone know a different way to contact?
  13. n99hockey

he has a forum
    www.birsoft.biz/forum

but send him another email...
    he also checks this thread often so im sure he will see it
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

i bought my copy through EQ the reg codes for your software are listed in your account.
  15. VibrantRedGT

VibrantRedGT New Member

How do I not open the program to check that box? I did reset after the install.
  16. cheri

cheri Active Member

i checked the box with the program on. menu>options>system short cut

then i restarted mi Q and voiala next you have two options for messaging
  17. toolman157

toolman157 New Member

not sure what u mean. in my extreme txt account? how is this accessed?
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

if you bought it through EverthingQ..look in your account there.
  19. cheri

cheri Active Member

yeah i guess i wasnt clear. When u buy through EQ you have an account that keeps your softwate reg codes, updates etc.

start xtrem txt, click menu right softkey, scroll down to system short click it, make sure the ck mark shows up , save and restart ur phone...id give ya screen shots but my contacts would have to take ya out to the shed lol jk.

hope that helps.
  20. VibrantRedGT

VibrantRedGT New Member

Im still having issues. I want to make ET my default text program. I don't want to open ET every time I need to use it.

I have the short cut checked. What I noticed is when I click Email on my home page ET opens and I have two choices Outlook or Extreme Text. I assume the shortcut is working but its giving me the wrong choice. When I click on Text Message it goes to the stock Text program. So basically its backwards. Anyone else have this and if so how to fix? Im stil in the Trial. Don't want to buy it until the bugs are fixed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.