Extreme Text - Threaded SMS

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Birdsoft, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sulster

sulster Active Member

I would note that if you set XT to be your default TXT app, and you decide against using it, be sure and uncheck that option before you uninstall. Not that you are going to decide against it! :)
  2. sulster

sulster Active Member

Sorry to double post, but I didn't want Tony's problem to get lost. I haven't seen this behavior at all--even after the recent update...
  3. theabbotspeaks

theabbotspeaks New Member

Yup, I've encountered the same problem with 1.1. I type pretty fast so sometimes the text will show up about a second after i finish typing, it'll come out as all symbols even though I know I didn't press ALT. and I'd have to retype it. Does the new(er) version fix that? If not, I'll just wait some more for a newer(er) version.
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

1.1 is the newer version!
  5. Thank goodness someone else has the same issue ( don't want to seem like I am crazy) new version has it too.
  6. theabbotspeaks

theabbotspeaks New Member

no... no... 1.11 is the newest version on the birdsoft site.
    not 1.1
  7. n99hockey

oh ok gotcha
  8. Idrove

Idrove New Member

Anyone able to help me with the problem above?

-d
  9. n99hockey

are you using the .exe file or .cab file to install?
    also what Q do youhave?
  10. Jenna259

Jenna259 New Member

so i got the trial version of this program to see if i liked it. its nice, except one very annoying thing, which i wonder is just through the trial version.
    but when i get a text, i open it (whether from the right soft key, or the msg quick button, or start menu) and it comes up to the 'extreme text' 'outlook mail' page, and freezes there and wont let me into the 'extreme text' file, until i open the program and close it about 5-10 times and then it finally re-loads the program and lets me in. if its like this, no thanks to this program.

is there a way, on my behalf if i were to buy the program to remove the 'outlook mail' side to this program?

im using the .cab file trial
    and i have a black moto q
  11. n99hockey

go in to the program and go to options and take off the option for XT system shortcut

that is still a work in progress...basically when you get a text you have to go to the program to read for now...
  12. Idrove

Idrove New Member

Have the regular black Q and using the cab file

-d
  13. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

What happens? It freezes on that page, or....? Are you not waiting for a load to happen or what are you trying to access. Ive never heard of it freezing off of this page, and it should load all of the data before getting to this page? 'Outlook Mail' is the original program that comes with your device and there is no way to remove that... Nore would you want to if you use the Q for emails...
    Not really a work in progress I dont think. On Standard devices I have it doing everything it can do, but need to be able to allow Outlook Mail access in case the New Message is an email, as the system doesnt differentiate to us.

The program doesnt like one of the message you have sent in the past and so is having difficulty loading your "Sent Messages". If you can look thru and
    spot any MMS or other strange messages you sent using the default texting, and remove them it should clear this up...(and let me know if you figure out which message and why if you can differentiate so I can handle this better).

I will make those error message more clear in an update...

Thanks
  14. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

Hey, Birdsoft, can you explain what the menu option "system shortcut to xt" should exactly do?

On the Sprint layout home screen, scrolling down to "Text Messages" (it's on the same line as "Email") opens the default SMS app. Should this be the case?

Thanks,
    Todd/Indy
  15. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Actually this happes to me too. I had already done what Scott suggested and unchecked the box for 'use shortcut to XT' and went about my day. I completely forgot about it until now! I didn't see any loading bar like there is on the XT opening screen now when my screen froze.. I gave it 2 or 3 attempts and it froze every time. It doesn't freeze when I lauch the app from the start menu so it doesn't really bother me but I thought that you would like to know. Oh yeah and I also have a black Sprint Moto Q.

**edit** If you are upgrading from a previous version of XT you may need to restart your phone before everything will work as it did.
  16. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Ok, what freezes and where? I still am unsure of what is happening?

Yes, if that is turned on, it should go to the list that can select between Outlook Mail and Extreme Text IF that is the standard Home screen Message Plugin. If it is something that they wrote and hardcoded then they must not be using the registry settings that we are switching to change what the default Text/email application is??
  17. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

If I have the 'use shortcut to XT' box checked, when I push the shortcut button it will freeze on the screen the gives you the option between XT and Outlook Mail. It was doing this when I updated to the new version initially. So I just unchecked the shortcut box. To be sure I just tried it again...I checked the box and restarted the phone and it seems to be working now. It just must have needed to be powered down and back up after the upgrade. I will go edit my other post. Sorry for any wrong information!
  18. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Hmmm... I just wasnt understanding what the "Freezing" was meaning and still am not sure? If it is freezing the program at some point I will definitely try to fix it, but have never heard of or seen freeze, and didnt know if it meant it would show the Extreme Text/Outlook Mail choice list but that would not respond, or something else?

Thanks
  19. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

how long is the trial?
  20. I may have to go back to version 1 because the alpha/ fn thing is driving me nuts!!!:angry:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.