Extreme Text - Threaded SMS

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Birdsoft, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Extreme Text - Threaded SMS

Birdsoft is pleased to announce the release of Extreme Text for Windows Mobile Standard Devices. Extreme Text is a Threaded SMS Texting application allowing you to separate your text messages into conversations. Great features include support for Emoticons, Hyperlinks in Texts, Photo Contact Support, Auto-Capitalize, Colored Themes, and more... So here is the Threaded SMS application you have been waiting for on your Motorola Q device... Give it a try today....

[​IMG]

Tested to work on MOL2/3 Motorola Q Devices...

http://www.birdsoft.biz/extremetext.htm
  2. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

I'm installing it as we speak, and the price tag looks very good too. :)

May I be the first to thank you for your work on this, you are going to get a lot of thanks me thinks!
  3. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Looks interesting. Will give it a go :)
  4. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Installed and working :)

It's quite slow initially but then that's probably due tho the 100's of txts it's attempting to import. Sent and received txts though and it works.

It will be interesting to see how it works with Photo Contacts Pro 5 which I also have installed. Will keep you updated.

Craig
  5. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Confirming WM6 support. Though it doesn't update the screen on rotate (still uses width of portrait mode when switching to landscape). Apart from that, it's a neat tool. Looks like many users will enjoy this one!
  6. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Dang, Ill get the rotate in on the next build.... I thought I had put all the code in for that.. If you close and re-open it should know the right screen dimensions I think....

And I will be doing some big speed optimizations. It can be slow on systems with huge amounts of texts stored up...We will speed that up considerabley in future updates(though the initial load might still stay slower)!!!

Thanks for taking a look!!
  7. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Its everything I dreamed it would be and more...

Its the best app on my phone coupled with the outstanding customer service of Birdsoft!

A WIN WIN! :2cool:
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thank you Brian for allowing a few lucky ones (incl. myself) to test this great app. you filed a big gap...

posted on the Q.
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ps. good price... well worth it.

posted on the Q.
  10. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

I would concur, Sir :2cool:
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i am glad someone stepped up & made this... and i am stoked that my fellow Q owners like the program & the price-tag.
  12. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

one thing I'd like to be able to do is either few the group of texts in order of the name of the sender, as it appears to be now, but also in date order of the last txt recieved.

also a group delete would be nie so that all texts from one user could be deleted all at once.

loving the app though and I wasn't even one of the people getting excited about it! :)
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

glad you like it... and Brian (Birdsoft) is a regular here so he will see all the feedback and ideas of users.

ditto here... i was never really looking for something like this, but since i was a beta tester i got the opportunity to test this and really dig it after usage.
  14. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Thanks for the input. Both of your suggestions were considered and just didnt quite sneak into the first release. You will see them both in upcoming updates!
  15. igotaq

igotaq New Member

How about mapping the Right soft key (message - when you get a new txt msg) to this application? User wont have to go to start and open the app manually.

Also when you create a new Txt msg you can't filter the names by typing.. you have to scroll down to the name.
  16. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

go to 'menu' 'options' check the box 'system shortcut' and it will default over the standard text program

just start typing the persons last name and it will sort to that contact
  17. igotaq

igotaq New Member

i dont want to open the standard text program i want it to open Extreme text.

Thanks for the 2nd tip.. i'm using a q9m and when i start typing a name it beeped at me. I pressed alt then started typing and it worked. Not sure if its my phone.
  18. n99hockey

thats what i said
    check the system shortcut in options and it will ask you to reboot the device and then that will take you to the program when you hit 'message' (the right soft key)
  19. igotaq

igotaq New Member

lol my bad.. i misread "default over" to Open. :embarassed:
  20. n99hockey

haha its all good
    probably could have said it better...chaulk it up to be really late :tounge:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.