Exchange Server and Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Priaptor, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Priaptor

Priaptor New Member

Exchange Server and Q

I have yet to upgrade Exchange Server 2003 to SP2 which I am aware is necessary to directly work with the any PPC or Smartphone 2005, but am looking for advice as to what is entailed to setting up Smartphone 2005 to work directly with Server once SP2 upgrade is perfomred. I would rather not use Verizon's Wireless Sync.
  2. vzwchick

vzwchick New Member

is there a reason as to why you dont want to use VZ's wireless sync??? works great!
  3. Priaptor

Priaptor New Member

I am using VX's wireless sync and you are right that it works great. The problem is that I have to run it on a "slave" computer in my company's computer room (as it has to be running on the same domain as Server) and if there is a problem with that computer (as happened when I was on a businesss trip) then I have no way of restarting. If you use the built in client with Smartphone 2005, then this is not a problem unless there is a problem with Server which is rare and I can remotely fix.
  4. Diggs

Diggs New Member

All you need is the exchange server IP address, login name, password and domain. For some reason with the windows version of the treo I had to load the email server's certificate on the treo, but not with the Q.
  5. Priaptor

Priaptor New Member

Thanks. Will upgrade to SP2 today.
  6. Diggs

Diggs New Member

Also on the page where you enter the IP address be sure the box for SSL is unchecked. All the Treo's and the one Q I've setup have required the password to entered severl times. Don't know why.
  7. Priaptor

Priaptor New Member

I appreciate your help

Have you used VZ wireless client before using Exchange directly? Just curious if you have, have you seen any benefit of one over the other.