EverythingWM on WP7

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by termleech, Nov 10, 2010.

1. termleech

termleech Member

Does anyone else have issue trying to log in the forums on your WM phone? I can't click the login link at the very top of the page and when I try and click on the login via facebook it just brings me back to the page but doesn't log me in.

A dedicated app for the forums would be awesome BTW, just like EIC has. I would imagine it would be a ton easier to write for the WP7.
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

That's just one bug. You can login by visiting: http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/login

Right now, the post reply box does not work, but I hope to have that fixed by later today.

An app is something that's under very serious consideration. I'll update you once I have more info.
  3. termleech

termleech Member

Awesome thank a bunch. If you need any beta testers for an app let me know. I'd love to beta test (and I'm a developer myself so I assure you I can provide good feedback).
    chris likes this.
  4. Redux7

Redux7 Member

Would be awesome. A EWM app would negate the necessity of having to use Engadget and their always bias pro iphone analysis.
  5. termleech

termleech Member

Does anyone else have issues when viewing the site on their phone and trying to reply? I can click in the box to reply but the keyboard never seems to activate?
  6. chris

It's a bug. I'm working with the developers on a fix. Will update you as soon as it's available. It might be today.
  7. chris

It seems to work if you hit reply. Still needs plenty of work on m end.
  8. chris

I set up a link to login from your Windows Phone 7 device. That doesn't help the situation with posting and I'm hoping to have that resolved ASAP.

I expect there to be better solutions as we move forward in the form of a mobile template and/or app.
  9. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

The only issue I am having is that when I click reply, it quotes the entire message I am responding to.
  10. chris

The whole WYSIWYG box is not very IE friendly. For that matter, it's not iPhone or iPad friendly. It needs to be tweeked to show a simple text entry box. I hope to have it sorted out soon.
  11. chris

Typing this on my Samsung Focus
  12. chris

Just more testing.
  13. chris

Okay, so I've got a workaround in place. In IE, you have to have your browser set to 'Mobile' in settings (which can be found by pressing the dots on the right). Once in mobile, the forums will push a simple box (no editor). You can both create posts and reply to posts now while on the go.

There is a link to login right under the Sign Up buttom.

These of course are stop gap measures, but should immediately improve upon your experience on eWM while using a WP7 phone.
  14. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Awesome!! Typing from my focus right now.