everythingWM Mobile Template Beta Now Available

Discussion in 'Feedback and Site Help' started by chris, Dec 9, 2010.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

It's a bit difficult to access right now (and a bit buggy), but here's how you can access the mobile site.

1. In IE, your browser should be set to mobile. To do so, hit the elipses (...), select Settings > Mobile.
    2. Visit http://www.everythingwm.com/forum and scroll to the bottom left, zoom in. Hit the text that says "WP7".
    3. Scroll out and you should see a pop-up menu which is rendering at the top of the forum. Select 'Mobile'.

You might want to login first, otherwise it will kick you back to the desktop version once you login.

To change back, just click on the template name at the bottom left and select WP7.

This is in beta. Expect changes and improvements.
  2. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Good to know! Going to try it out before the night is over, and let you know if I find bugs or suggestions.
  3. chris

There are definitely going to be some rough patches. Let me know how you make out.
  4. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

So far..so good. Will take some getting used to, but the quicker load times are sweet.
    Not that I ever had any issues with the standard view.
  5. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Interesting ...if I switch IE back to desktop, I still get the Forum's mobile view, but the text box for replies/postings is full featured - and slow as all frak to use. Gonna stick with mobile settings for IE.
  6. chris

By using IE desktop version, you're tricking the site into thinking you have a desktop browser. The advanced editor doesn't work on any mobile phone -- iPhone, Android, WP7. Thus the need to switch it over.

There is some overlap in the layout where there are multiple sub-forums. Trying to find a fix for that.
  7. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Found one 'glitch'.
    I'm now on my laptop and the Forum automatically has me in Mobile style view.
  8. chris

If you click on Mobile at the bottom left of the forum and select WP7, you'll be back to the desktop version.
  9. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I did that, and now the phone's browser reverts back to the non-mobile view.
  10. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

I have already noticed this, didn't report it because I'm assuming it's something with the button coding. I don't know if Chris himself created the coding for it but yeah it seems to just work as a setting for the page, for all browsers.