Ev-do Rev A

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pyrobling, Jan 7, 2007.

1. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Ev-do Rev A

I just wanted to let everyone know about the REV A speeds.

I received my AC595 Air Card by FedEx yesterday. I know it isn't Q related in any way, however, the speeds are.

Once we get a Q that does REV A then we would have the same speeds on tether....RAD!!!

I am AVERAGING in my market that doesn't have a full launch yet, only a test I discovered by accident today, I am getting 2MBs download continuous and around 250kBs upload continuous.

Can you even imagine your Q going that fast?

-A

PS Yes I am now able to tether with unlimited data and I am on an air card, this means I am technically up to 87 phones now I think.
  2. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Wow, that's impressive! Considering my area just got Ev-DO in September, I am guessing it will be two years before we see Rev A around here. ;)
  3. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Unless I say otherwise, remember everything I say can in no way be held as legally binding on behalf of VZW.

After saying that...I would say you most likely be getting REV A prior to that. REV A is merely a software update. Only had EV-DO here for just over a year and I am pulling REV A now and it hasn't been officially launched yet. I would expect it to be turned on a lot faster then that. The only way to tell though is with a REV A card. There is even a possiblity that it is already on since they just turned on your site and may have just done 2 at once.

Since they are soft launching REV A so much, my SPECULATION is that there is going to be a MASSIVE launch of REV A since Sprint launched first. It could end up that a lot of places that have EV-DO now may already have the REV A sitting waiting to be turned on...we'll have to wait and see a bit.

-A
  4. winklebleck

winklebleck New Member

So in theory, a software update could push the Q to those speeds, or will there need to be a new Q?
  5. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

There will need to be some kind of firmware update or a new Q to receive the REV A speeds. The card I am using is the new AC595 air card that is the only device that allows REV A yet on VZW. The other cards will be obsolete. So most likely since the older cards just couldn't be update but a new card came out, most likely a new Q would need to be released....maybe a little smaller this time too and maybe WIFI or BT 2.0 for 65 feet. That last part is for you Chris when you read this to pass on to MOTO.

-A