Error on Windows Phone 7

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Andrew Myrick, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Andrew Myrick

Andrew Myrick New Member

So, my battery had died from daily usage and I had yet to plug it in. However, usually when my phone dies, it comes right back on when i plug it in to the charger. About 15 minutes ago, I plugged my phone into the wall charger and once it booted, it came up with a black and white screen directing me to plug my phone into the computer. After my phone was plugged in, the name of my phone was changed to "schuster" or something like that and Zune told me I could not restore my phone giving me the error code of "c101002e." So far I have been in love with my WP7 but if this continues I may have to go back to the HTC G2. Can someone help me? I have the HTC HD7 on Tmobile.
  2. kanshu

kanshu New Member

Hey, I got the same thing when I was charging my phone and turned it on. This happened to me twice already, even if I did a battery pull its still doing the same thing.

I managed to get out of it by removing the battery completely and then plug the phone to charger then put the battery back on.

Sad thing is whenever I turn off the phone completely and turn it on I get the same thing. I'll be returning this phone to Tmobile and getting a replacement.

I've attached the photos of what I've got for future reference for other people. wp7 error.jpg
    wp7.JPG
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Let us know how this turns out. I have the Focus and haven't seen this.
  4. Andrew Myrick

Andrew Myrick New Member

I found somewhat of a fix. I spoke with tmobile's customer support and they told me to do a factory restore of the phone. I did this and haven't had the issue since.
  5. kanshu

kanshu New Member

Okay, I got a new one.. plugged it in without the sim and works fine. I inserted the sim, inserted the battery, plugged it on a wall charger and same thing, same picture (phone with computer)! I wasn't worried too much since I know a work around (take out the battery, plug in the charger, put the battery back).

This seems like a programming error.

@Andrew how do you do a factory restore on the HD 7?
  6. Andrew Myrick

Andrew Myrick New Member

Go to settings, then scroll down to about. When you are there you should see an option to reset your phone. Thats what I did and haven't had the problem again.
  7. kanshu

kanshu New Member

Okay will try that.

I can reproduce the error that I'm having, not going to reset my phone at this time though but if happens again I'll try that.
  8. kanshu

kanshu New Member

Okay same thing happened tonight. I've reset my phone and same thing! This time I captured it on video so I can upload it on youtube. I'm currently uploading it at the moment. I will include the link later.