Error Msg: Problem installing this hardware: Motorola USB Remote NDIS Network Device

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Tenpack, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Tenpack

Tenpack New Member

Error Msg: Problem installing this hardware: Motorola USB Remote NDIS Network Device

I'm able to install ActiveSync 4.5. I attach the phone to my PC and the "Found New Hardware" Wizard appears to help me install software for Windows Mobile-based device. At the very end, I receive this Error Message:

"There was a problem installing this hardware: 'Motorola USB Remote NDIS Network Device.'" The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor."

I've tried the usual uninstall/reinstall. I also downloaded a copy of ActiveSync from Microsoft's website after using the copy that came on Sprint's CD. Same problem.

Has anyone else had this problem and found the cause/solution?

Thanks!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

if your installing active sync you must have windows XP...if you have windows vista you must install windows mobile device center
    www.windowsmobile.com

i dont think WMDC comes on the CD so just incase you werent aware
  3. sjslall

sjslall New Member

I too had the same issue.
    After installing the Motorola drivers, was prompted for the NDIS drivers.
    However installing the latest MS Autosync utility resolved the issue.
  4. mikebionca

mikebionca New Member

go into settings then connections usb to pc then uncheck enable advancednetwork that will work and it will sync
  5. Greek1212

Greek1212 New Member

That is the secret, thanks for the info, after hours and hours of searching what the error was this worked.