Error: connection closed by remote server

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by marklichengwu, May 9, 2009.

1. marklichengwu

marklichengwu New Member

Error: connection closed by remote server

Dear Everyone,

When I start Opera, my home page sometimes displays the wrong colors. When I click on a link or try to go to a bookmarked page, I get the error, "Connection closed by remote server." If I go to menu>settings>connections, then check "automatically detect settings", I can then successfully click on links and use bookmarks. However, if I close Opera and open Opera later, I get the error message again. Then, if I UNcheck "automatically detect settings", the error goes away. It makes no difference whether I use "WAP network" or the "internet". All of this toggling of the "automatically detect settings" seems to have worsened after I have been using Redfly, and hasn't improved after the recent driver and firmware updates to Redfly. Soft resets don't help. Can anyone please help me with this problem? I really would like to avoid a hard reset. Thanks.
  2. vmotoq

vmotoq New Member

I have the same problem, and i could not fix it...
    I tried several hard resets, even i have upgraded the phone to WM 6.1, but still the error message apears some times. Not only on Opera, but also on IE, and some other browsers
  3. marklichengwu

marklichengwu New Member

I discovered that a way to partially workaround this issue is to use Viigo. I load all my RSS feeds from my favorites on to Viigo that I can, and then use Viigo as an RSS reader. Viigo has never given me this error message. The only problem is that the font is tiny and I cannot figure out how to change the size of the font. Skyfire has never given me this error either, but again there is the problem with the small font, and Skyfire works poorly with Redfly.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

It's best to leave "auto detect setings" unchecked. Most sites will work with the "internet" selected. Still, there are sites that will not load on opera or pie because they simply are not equipped to handle them. I only really use "wap" to access att specific sites.