Ereader on the Q???????

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by meathook, Jun 21, 2006.

1. meathook

meathook New Member

Ereader on the Q???????

Has anyone tried ereader on the Q. I have a Q on order and I am migrating from the Treo 650. Before ordering I took a quick look at my important apps and they all have Windows Mobile 5 Versions including (I Thought) Ereader. Well after ordering I noticed in small letters at the bottom of the Windows Mobile Ereader page that they dont support the smartphone versions. Has anyone tried ereader on the Q?:eek:hmy:
  2. 9qphone

9qphone New Member

Problems with Mobile Reader

I got the Mobile Reader for my phone by Oneta. I purchased a book from ebooks and it won't open it. I did the Adobe version and thought it would work because the Mobile Reader is supposed to read Adobe documents.

I just did it yesterday and so I am still trying to find out if I can read ebooks on my phone.

:laugh:
  3. Stryker

Stryker New Member

Try Mobipocket for smartphone. I had to buy new books for reader but works. I had wanted to carry over my ereader books but files encrypted and there is no windows mobile smartphone Ereader from P
    alm yet.
  4. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

I like Mobi as well. Especically for the RSS feeds.
  5. meathook

meathook New Member

Cool, I just noticed with Mobipocket that you can purchase books directly from your phone. Has anyone tried this? My Q is due to arrive via fedex tommorow so I will try it then. Also is there a standard and pro version of MobiPocket like with Ereader or do you get the fully featured version free?
  6. kalikat0403

kalikat0403 New Member

hmmm this is disheartening. so all the books i have on my ereader account I can't use any more because e reader doesn't support the Q? thats not cool at all.
  7. represrl

represrl New Member

8. kalikat0403

kalikat0403 New Member

the problem that I ran into with the Q and Ereader, is that I am using a MacBook. And I can't install the .MSI file on the host computer. I have an email in to Ereaders tech support so I guess we will see how it goes.
  9. hotwls13

hotwls13 New Member

Sorry to bring back such an old thread. I previously had a Dell Axim and I had MSReader PPC for .lit files and Mobipocket for .prc files. Will these books I already have work with the ereader and mobipocket smartphone versions?