Entourage and DST Update?

Discussion in 'Mac and Motorola Q' started by RRGuy, Feb 23, 2007.

1. RRGuy

RRGuy New Member

Entourage and DST Update?

Has anyone done the DST update? I just did it, but my Q still does not properly display times for appointments that are between the dates in question. Entourage displays the times correctly, but the Q doesn't. There are instructions for Outlook here

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/daylightsaving/default.mspx

but no mention of Entourage.

Thanks.
  2. evil247

evil247 New Member

Did you switch to a different time zone and then back to the original one. It says to do that on Microsoft's site.
  3. RRGuy

RRGuy New Member

Thanks. That seemed to do the trick.
  4. petenj

petenj New Member

patch download?

so, do mac users need to download any kind of patch for the DST change? I've tried changing the time manually in the settings, but then it automatically returns to the old time - also tired changing to a different time zone, and back, and that still doesn't work. any advice?
  5. disastrid

disastrid New Member

Here is the link to the Windows Smartphone DST update: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/daylightsaving/default.mspx

To update my Q, I downloaded the .cab file then mounted the Q from my Macbook using Missing Sync and copied the file over. I then opened the .cab file on the Q and it installed the update. It will automatically restart your device and the time should reflect the daylight saving time update.
  6. petenj

petenj New Member

i did that, and now the current time is now correct, however all of my appointments are an hour later. i've tried changing the timezone back and forth, how frustrating.
  7. gabrielle

gabrielle New Member

What a pain in the neck! I followed all instructions, installed the .cab file successfully on my Windoze-based Q. It never automatically restarted. I restarted it and have tried manually changing the time as well as following other suggestions, to no avail. This is why I have a Mac...it took care of itself without me having to waste so much time on what should be a simple fix!
  8. petenj

petenj New Member

I finally got mine to work. 1) I had the wrong DST update downloaded, make sure you download the update for Windows mobile 5.0 smartphone, not windows mobile 2003 smartphone, 2) then my Q had the right time, and my appointments were still off, so instead of syncing my calendar, in the settings of the missing sync application, I had it OVERWRITE my q, so all the appointment times are now correct (being they were correct on my Mac). I know, kind of a work-around process for the whole thing.
  9. gabrielle

gabrielle New Member

Yeah, I think I discovered the same problem at the same time you did. It seems to be working now...we'll see! Of course my Mac didn't even hiccup about the time. No worries. :)