Enhancing Knowledge about Motorola Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by cdrw, Jun 18, 2006.

1. cdrw

cdrw New Member

Enhancing Knowledge about Motorola Q

Motorola introduced the new Q communicator with QWERTY keyboard. The Moto Q is a lot thinner than the competing smartphones with the same form factor. It seems that Q is the official name of the device.

The Motorola Q is one of the first devices running on the latest Microsoft OS for mobile devices - Windows Mobile 5.0. The smartphone features landscape QVGA (320x240 pixels) display with 65K colors, 1.3 megapixel camera, Bluetooth, miniSD card slot, stereo speakers and advanced speech recognition. The Q also features email support with Microsoft Exchange compatibility, making it ideal for corporate email usage.

The world’s thinnest, lightest QWERTY phone is a seamless fusion of QWERTY and phone — delivering a fully-loaded package of email, voice, and entertainment in one amazingly rich but thin device. Like its cousin the RAZR, the Q’s superior voice quality makes it a stand out from the competition.
    Boasting flexible mobile email featuring Microsoft’s Windows Mobile software, advanced cellular phone technology, rich multimedia capabilities and an easy-to-use one-handed navigation thumbwheel, the Moto Q is unique. An all-in-one handheld designed to deliver true seamless connectivity, the Q helps mobile professionals improve productivity through the power of seamless mobility.

Truly Flexible Email
    -------------------
    The uber-intelligent Q leverages Microsoft’s familiar and trusted Windows Mobile software and is one of the first devices to operate on the latest release, Windows Mobile 5.0. Motorola Q delivers scalable and cost-effective mobile messaging support out of the box with Exchange 2003, and is also optimized for a variety of third party email solutions that enable an even broader set of corporate email capabilities. This provides a cost-effective alternative for businesses looking to leverage their existing infrastructure, training and support systems, while reducing the need for additional IT investment.

RAZR-Sharp Looks & Entertainment
    ----------------------------------
    Fifty percent thinner than its top competitors, the lightweight Q features Motorola’s renown RAZR-thin design including electro-luminescent keys and a compact “antenna-inside” shape. Moto Q also hosts a large, vibrant, color screen, ‘Net surfing capabilities, a 1.3 mega pixel camera with flash to help you take advantage of any downtime with fun, entertainment options. No need to grab another device on the weekend when you can leverage digital video and audio capabilities, along with cool new Bluetooth®-enabled accessories like RAZRWIRE eyewear, to balance work and play.

Best Phone Experience
    ----------------------
    But great email and good looks aren’t enough. True productivity demands superior voice quality too — something not always found in QWERTY devices. Leveraging Motorola’s expertise in RF technology, the new Moto Q delivers the best phone experience you can get on a QWERTY. Featuring a high-quality speakerphone perfect for conference calls, voice-activated dialing, and Bluetooth functionality the Q enables hands-free multi-tasking for today’s busy work environment.

Key Features at a Glance
    • One of the first devices to run on Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0; Optimized for Microsoft Exchange 2003 and a variety of third party email solutions that enable a broad set of corporate email capabilities
    • Thinnest QWERTY device in the world – 11.5mm
    • Full, ergonomic QWERTY keyboard, 5-way navigation button and thumb wheel
    • Video clip capture and playback
    • Connectivity via Bluetooth, IrDA and mini-USB; compatible with Motorola's line of Bluetooth-enabled wireless headsets
    • Multi-Media Messaging (MMS)
    • Dual, stereo-quality speakers
    • Audio formats supported: iMelody, MIDI, MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, WAX, QCELP
    • Image formats supported: GIF87a, GIF89a, JPEG, WBMP, BMP, PNG
    • Video formats supported: H.263, MPEG-4, GSM-AMR, AAC, WMV
    • Mini-SD removable memory card slot
    • Large, high-resolution display (320 x 240 pixels, 65K TFT)
    • 1.3 mega pixel camera with photo lighting
    • PIM functionality with Picture Caller ID
    • Advanced speech recognition and speakerphone
    I love it and am adding funds to have one soon.
    I thought it ould be great to share this information with many more people who may yet be undecided or need some peek into features and related.
  2. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

3. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

I love my Q
  4. veroson

veroson New Member

me too! [today] :laugh:
  5. Cornbread

Cornbread New Member

Mine is just to buggy, so unfortunately I am taking it back today.

1. Phone just shuts off on it's own, must take the battery out to get it to reboot.

2. Bluetooth doesn't work well, sometimes the phone dials but you can't hear anything on the BT headset.

3. Push e-mail doesn't work good, sometimes it takes hours to get an e-mail pushed to you that is in the inbox.

4. Phone has trouble connecting to the net sometimes, gives an error message "line is busy".

5. Verizon tech support doesn't know much about it, all they tell you is to take it back in and get a new phone.
  6. hiphopreneur

hiphopreneur New Member

the first shipment of the q had many phones that had problems. i am on my 3rd q but this one works great! hang in there and return it to verizon.. :whistling