EnCallio

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by jpwoof, Feb 1, 2008.

1. nikafx

nikafx New Member

Well the purpose of EnCallio is to replace the incoming/outgoing call screens during the call state but am working to replace the call duration screens as well
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

keep us posted on the results...

(i am too lazy at this time to test :}
  3. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

Not bad. Only 2 issues left.

Image out of bounds bug in EnCallio Settings. I found a workaround for this out of bounds bug. Just delete the skins that are not wide. They are of no use anyway.

The easiest way to make your picture large is to use the setting in xml to set photo as background image. It's a simple 'yes' or 'no'. You can edit the xml with a text editor or use the skin studio available on his site. I just used the editor in Total Commander.

I think I may have found another possible issue concerning syncing the picture with outlook. I'll have to do more testing to be sure.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yea..the Outlook thing seems to correct itself on the next sync.

I haven't tried making the pics the background image...might be the only way as I get serious lock ups when ever I resize via the contact manager. I do wait til it completely loads but messing around in there too long will freeze my Q! I don't even want to return to that manager. I did install on the device as well and only used the Glossy landscape theme.

I did notice too, sometimes the app wouldn't wake up on an incoming call from a contacts "other" number. It would work on their cell#..but display the default "no pic" when it was from their home#.

Playing with this app did make me finally go in and change my "call progress" screen though! Just a simple all black png. I've been meaning to do that for a long time...

for sure some bugs are still there.

But nikafx!! I do use your WM5Task Manager a lot...and love that!!
  5. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

Treefrog,

I think the problem you are having with new contact manager is the size of the photos you are loading. It does not resize. Need to keep this in mind cause the image is stored in probably the contacts database which is stored in main memory. Make sure all pics you are loading are pre-sized at 320x240. I just set my Qs camera resolution to 320x240 and I can now take mug shots for the contacts.

The original contact manager will only load pics at about 72x72 resolution. If you use that and displayed as the call screens background image you will be disappointed by the pic.
  6. nikafx

nikafx New Member

EnCallio Settings new interface

Here is the new interface of EnCallio settings.

- Tabbed contact list
    - You can now resize the picture in demo version

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

Here's a screenshot of the simple change in the 320x240 glossy skin xml to use a pic as the background of in and outbound callscreen. The pic was shot by the Q at 320x240 and assign to at&t phone number with the nikafx contact manager.

Attached Files:

8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I'll take a look when I caN get to a PC...an I'll give it another try!

Thanks!
  9. jpwoof

jpwoof New Member

awesome interface! I'm glad I bought this program. Are you also the same creator of QDZ? It looks a lot like it. I didn't use it because the program doesnt get called from the main contact list button.

P.S. - looks like NikaFX got all the bugs listed fixed... looking forward to the new version soon! :)
  10. nikafx

nikafx New Member

no am not the creator of QDZ :smile:
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

So far so good! Really liking the new interface...the tabbed contacts make it much easier for editing. I'm still figuring it out a bit, but so far it's looking like a keeper. I'm giving it soak time now...waiting for calls. Got tired of calling myself and seeing the same ole TreeFrog photo...:smile:
  12. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey all,

Ok, I am working with the developer on this -- he says that I am the only case...

For some reason, on my Q9c, when I make a call, the default screen pops up for one second, then the encallio screen for one second, then it reverts back to the default Q call screen for the remainder of the call.

The only conflict I could think of was Facade -- but I ruled that out already....

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt!
  13. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

except for the first step mine does that. most of my calls go from dialing to connected quickly. this app replaces the outgoing dialing and once it connects, which is ringing, it goes to default. if he does make the incall screen then all is well!

No biggie for me...I know who I'm calling and what they look like!
  14. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

I have a Q9h and Fascade but I don't have that problem. At first the default screen did show up for a split second before the outgoing and incoming encallio screen but it got better after I uninstalled it from main memory and installed it on storage card.
    I do have a problem where my last contact is not showing up with the new contacts manager. I had to add a fake Zzz contact to get around the problem.
  15. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Wow - that's interesting about it acting differently (correctly) while on the SD card.... I'll give it a shot.

Thanks,

Matt!

P.S. Sooo.... where are all of the "here's my EnCallio xml screen" posts? Hhmm....?
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I'm waiting on a non-demo new (black) version!

I'll try the SD trick also tomorrow..other wize all good. Gonna have to see if my buddy Zunelda is in the list though!!!
  17. nikafx

nikafx New Member

Last contact not showing in the contact manager was a mistake in counting. Fixed now
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

The last fixes made this pretty cool! Took me awhile to figure out the tricks..but I'm all good now. I have about 60 contacts with pics and was resizing one by one which was killing my Q. I hit the Auto Resize to 176x220 and all my pics at once were good to go. I haven't messed with full screen mode as most of my "photo's" are cool image's I've collected. Mostly avatar pics from here! But you can make the photo's any size. Like I told the developer, if I had to add 20 contacts w/pics one day, I'd add via the default manager, and then hit resize and set in EnCallio...simple. The screen maker is like MadBeetle's and can get you close (or done) real quick. I wasn't into PCPro because I didn't need all the other jazz that came with. Plus it was very spendy!! And it sounds like he may be adding a "incall" screen as well, plus a desktop contact manager that will make setup and adding contacts a breeze.

I only spent a bit of time making one and kinda suck...but here is how it looks on my Q going from homescreen to connected!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

I would not recommend using the default contact manager to load pictures. If you do, you are starting with a picture that is 75x75 in resolution because that is how the default manager loads pictures. Resizing that to a higher resolution will get you pixelation. Use EnCallio's new contact manager. Why do you think he did so much work on it. The latest version can now resize and the tabs make it easier to navigate. The earlier version did not resize so if you load a 800x600 picture it would stay 800x600 in your contact database. That is what kills your Q. Using the new contact manager, when you load a 800x600 picture now it will resize at any resolution you choose. Do not leave it at the default which is no-resize or your 800x600 picture will stay 800x600.
    You should always go from a hi-res to a lower-res, but never the other way around.
  20. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

haha..ok, see that now! All the pics I was playing with were ones I did upload within EnCallio earlier. Thanks! So I will need to individually upload the original pic to EnCallio from the device....hmmm.

Now I have to figure out how if I add a new contact within EnCallio why Extreme Agenda/Contacts does not see it.

Update..adding contact through EnCallio puts in the "File as" section in the default contact manager. So if I type in Joe Dirt, when I go to the contact manager it doesn't seperate into first, last...leaving those fields blank. I had EA set to look by Name, nothing there so I set to Category and Joe Dirt shows up when I scroll to it. Alpha search does not pull it. Not until I add the name in the name field in the default manager can I alpha search.