EnCallio

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by jpwoof, Feb 1, 2008.

1. jpwoof

jpwoof New Member

EnCallio

I know the magic word here is "free", but there seems to be very few softwares out there that can skin your incoming/outgoing screens.

I stumbled upon this software and works pretty well... I bought it right away. Be sure to download additional skins for landscapes (i recommend Glossy).

---
    No more dull built in incoming-outgoing call screens. EnCallio provides a better look for your incoming-outgoing calls with customizable skins.

http://www.nikafx.com/encallio/index.asp
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

you can also you and image editing software to create the images
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea... what Scott said.

potQ.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

unless the app also enlarges the picture of the contact (which it kinda looks like - browsing on the Q so could be the mobile screen size)

potQ.
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

perhaps the OP can take a screen shot for us!
  6. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Gave it a shot since it said it increases the size of the contact photo. Was too buggy and annoying for me to mess with for very long. Couldn't figure out how to make the screen fit full size nor how to enlarge contact photo already assigned to contacts.
    Didn't keep on phone long enough for a screenshot though. Maybe someone with more patience can give it a shot and let us know whether it's worth the trouble.
    Also seems to have the demo stamped across the screen and pictures, didn't see a place to purchase the app so why would they stamp demo on everything if not offering the app for a price?
  7. jpwoof

jpwoof New Member

it is highly customizable.. you can edit the xml to increase the width and height of the photo displayed... you can set it to 320x240 to get a full screen display of photo contact.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

show some screen shots...

(not at pc atm)

potQ.
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

@ THR: someone with patience ? count me out :}
  10. jpwoof

jpwoof New Member

I am using Q9 Global and did not find any bugs at all.

You need to add the picture from the app setting to get the actual size (assuming you have customized the xml). wm6 saves only the thumbnail version of any pictures, so if you already have it assigned, EnCallio will only stretch the photo.
  11. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey all,

The interface seemed as if it was ported from a PPC and a different resolution -- that is, menu was slow and quirky, and had sluggish load time. I believe it needs to run in the background as well. This is on my Q9c, which runs fine otherwise...

When I made a call - it went to the regular Q call screen, then switched to the new background for 2 seconds, when switched back to the regular Q background....

I may install it again later...

Thanks,

Matt!
  12. jpwoof

jpwoof New Member

Screenshots of fullscreen contact photo... a simple xml I've created using the application's skin studio.

Attached Files:

• ss1.jpg
      ss1.jpg
      File size:
      74.3 KB
      Views:
    • ss2.jpg
      ss2.jpg
      File size:
      59.5 KB
      Views:
  13. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Ok...

I was thinking about this.. I have to try this again -- this is an awesome, long-overdue application.

I love the fact that it's totally customizable with xml....

I can see it now -- the official "Post your EnCallio screen xml" thread....

Later,

Matt!
  14. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Does this mean that I have to customize the xml myself, that stuff might as well be in Greek to me!
    I don't want to have to go through that much trouble to simply have a larger contact photo!
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you know there are enough members here willing to help you with that... it would be cool if we can use .xml's for those types of screens without actually having to use that app...
  16. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

Encallio screen does not work when keypad is locked.

I sent that to the technical support.

He replied pretty quickly,

"Am aware of this problem and am currently working to solve it.
    Regards, Nicholas"
  17. jpwoof

jpwoof New Member

there is also another annoying bug. the outgoing screen ocassionaly pops up when using Internet explorer and when your phone wakes up from standby mode. the author said that this is a bug in windows mobile 6 and will be fixed soon.
  18. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey,

Honestly, I am surprised that the developer released this version and advertised it for WM6, when there are so many bugs w/ wm6, especially crippling ones!

Matt
  19. nikafx

nikafx New Member

20. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

pretty cool..still playing with the trial. it's pretty hit or miss on when it wants to work! you definately have to go slow and easy when updating your pics to their larger version!! anything else cool you gain with purchase...besides losing the demo verbage?

i had some serious "unable to make call" errors at first, but it seemed to jell after a bit.

on my outgoing calls the screen comes up for a split second..if at all. depending on how long it takes to go from dialing to connected i guess...

still learning the tricks to it! i'll spend more time with it tomorrow and get a little more serious...