Emergency Mode

Discussion in 'Samsung Omnia' started by merida, Sep 28, 2009.

1. merida

merida New Member

Emergency Mode

My wifes Omnia is on "Emergency Mode" all the time. she can't do much with it. does anyone have any recommendations?

if not i will have to flash her phone to a cf03. which i have been wanting to since it came out. she does not let me! :dft007:angry

please help
  2. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

how'd you do that?

try a hard reset with the reset button and keys
  3. merida

merida New Member

so, i did a hard reset! as the phone started up again it got stuck on the alignment screen.

took it to vz store and got a new one.

thanks for your help
  4. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

hope ur not mad at me

BUT

FLASH IT FLASH IT FLASH IT FLASH IT

if your still running the stock rom u wont regret it, use myphone or something to back up your contacts and calendar
  5. merida

merida New Member

i tried flashing it but i could not get the phone to communicate with the computer
  6. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

the first connect always fails
    try it again

i didnt have to EVERY time but change your usb connections in activesync on your computer to no usb connections

load flash.bin into umdl
    connect phone to computer while its powered off, then turn it on after the usb cable is connected

Do not interrupt the flash!!!!!!!!!
  7. merida

merida New Member

thanks for the advice, i will keep that in mind if it happens again. i have a new phone on the way! the cool thing is, i will have two phone to try different rom... at the same time ooohhh!!! yeah!
  8. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

u already found a step by step?
  9. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

for next time:
    ''What is triggering it is that there's a number listed in your Emergency Call List which is also a number for one of your most frequently called Contacts.

To stop the annoying warning, go to the Emergency Call list: Phone > Options > Security tab > Emergency Call. You will then be able to see the list of Emergency Call numbers. Place a '1' in front of the contact's number(s). When you click OK, the phone will prompt you to enter 'yes' for a confirmation and soft reset. Now the phone doesn't recognize the Emergency call number as the same number associated with the Contact.''