Email-sync- .ics files

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Breathe, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Breathe

Breathe New Member

Email-sync- .ics files

Hey everyone, (great to be here and thanx for ALL your input)

So i've been on the phone with verizon and EVERYONE else i can think of to get my MotoQm to be a "smart phone"... thing is ... it use to be.

I got my first Q from verizon the end of last year and the speaker went out so i got another one, cause I love the phone...

So the big change is that when I went to set up my email accounts, i notice something different, it ask me for my email account information but NOT any POP3 settings...

I figure NEW soft/firm ware...cool- well now i'm stuck

If I have my phone on the homescreen desktop i can see my
    Email (0) SMS (0) MMS (0) VMail
    which is great becasue i'm a therapist and need to leave the volume OFF and see when stuff comes in on my email (it's how i get my next appointments though a .ics hyperlink, more on that later)

well, ALL of my email use to come through and it would go straight to my OUTLOOK and show up on my Email (1) and show up like that as one new e-mail...

if you go to Outlook> Menu>Tools> Options >Account Settings
    the E-mail Sync page pops up and that is where i USE TO put in my Pop 3 info...
    now all i have is
    Download the Past
    3 days
    Message format
    HtML
    Down load size Limit
    50 kb
    Done Menu

I tried using IMAP which cost more... I have not go with Exchange because of cost Yet...
    and I also use my own email address through Godaddy.com ...sean@seanbartholomew.com

I am able to set up a "new email" and use the settings that are there and receive everything... it was just way more convient to only get in my OUTLOOK (and NOT have to hook up to my computer to get it there) and not have to have 2 of the same e-mail accounts and only one pulling...

The second question along with this issuse is the .ics file that I receive from my spabooker.com website that sends me appointments. This file opens and sends ALL information to my OUTLOOK automaticly ... it' works on my computer and when I plug in and sync using Windows Moblie Device Center all the info go to my phone ... but then there is the "DA" question and statement that is "I need my LAPTOP to get all the info to my smartphone... well that is stupid"

i'm really hoping you all can help cause I love this phone and don't want to go get a new one like the droid only to have the same problem with it...

HELLLP PLEASE, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

sounds like the homescreen you are using that shows emails on the screen points to ACTIVE SYNC so it will only show up there if you sync
    you can edit the xml of the homscreen to point to any mailbox OR you can go to the homescreen forum and download a new one, all of those point to any mailbox so no need to update or change any code

unless you have an exchange account or pay of VZW Sync your calendar items wont sync wirelessly without a PC
  3. Breathe

Breathe New Member

Wow Thanx Robert!!!
    you rock!! thnx for sharing your apps too!!! i love it!
    Now how do i work with the xml file to change the homescreen? LOL
    you are the MAN!!
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

robert?

put the xml file on your PC and use notepad to mess with it
    check out the homescreen forum, there are a few tutorials 'stickied' there which should help you

good luck, let us know how you make out