email question

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by jskinvest, Mar 2, 2008.

1. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

email question

I just got the Q9 on Verizon. Why does it take so long to send and recieve email? Wen I hitsend/recieve or when I just send an email it had to connect and log on. The whole process takes about two to three minutes. I would think sending an email would be a fast seemless process. Am I wrong? I am not using wireless sync..should I? Thanks.
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

It might be the size of your email (and any attachments) or your network speed (1X versus EVDO). Sometimes, it's a problem on your email provider's side. Most of the time, though, it should be fairly quick.
  3. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

I have a comcast email account. The messages are not large at all, no attachments. EVDO is working fine. Any thoughts?
  4. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Do you always have an issue with this particular email account, or is it just every once in awhile?
  5. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

Always. I just go the phone today. Am I doing something wrong? This is not normal is it?
  6. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

I;ve seen a few threads about ppl having issues with Comcast email. What are your current settings? You may want to search for some of these threads as well, as one may have a fix.
  7. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

Very frustrating. It takes forever to log on. How long should it take?
  8. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

When I had the Q9m (I have the Q9c on Sprint now), it was very fast when accessing my Gmail and work email.
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

to exclude it's Comcast, sign up for Gmail (free) & see if that goes slow also..

potQ.
  10. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

To the OP, if Gmail works better for you, then you can just set your Comcast account to forward your mail to your Gmail account.
  11. mosesparrot

mosesparrot New Member

I believe you need to update the Firmware. Go to the Motorola website.

I was on my 3rd Q9M before I updated to correct my problems.
  12. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

Were your problems the same as mine?
  13. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

The GMAIL works a lot faster. I wonder why. Is it a Comcast problem perhaps?
  14. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Might be. If you're not all that wedded to Comcast, just stick with the Gmail and have your Comcast mail forwarded to it.
  15. mosesparrot

mosesparrot New Member

Mine even locked up so I couldn't use the device.
  16. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

FRustrating. My Comcast email is very slow, my premium Yahoo email does not work at all, and the only one that seems to work oj id Gmail. I may take it back and get the Blackberry Pearl.
  17. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Yahoo! Mail has also given lots of ppl trouble. May or may not be better on the Pearl, I don't know . . .
  18. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

I did the software update and now both the Gmail and Yahoo mail work fine. The Comcast still is very slow. I was told by the VZ technician that this is a Comcast issue. I am not sure how that can be but he says it is. Has anyone else had this problem with Comcast email? I really do not want to switch from Comcast.

Also, the software update deleted all of my contacts and calendar entries and settings. Why did that happen?
  19. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Firmware updates always wipe your phone . . . no way to avoid that, unfortunately.

As for Comcast, the problems seem to be fairly common (based on threads here at EQ). Perhaps using Comcasts incoming mail servers but using Verizon's outgoing mail servers would make a difference (don't know if this has already been explored in the other Comcast threads). If not, you could keep your Comcast email and just forward it to Gmail. Sure, your replies would come from Gmail, but at least you wouldn't have to tell ppl to email you at a new address.
  20. mosesparrot

mosesparrot New Member

I was hoping you would read everything before you updated the firmware and backed up your info.