email problem ?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by occfan, Feb 26, 2009.

1. occfan

occfan New Member

email problem ?

I've had my nap for a week and had everything working correctly until yesterday. when I go to open my email (gmail) acct using the home page shortcut on moto dyn theme it errors out on me and tells me my internet connection isn't configured right please check settings in connections. then ill try to access the net using ie and it works properly, but still no email.then I tried using the shortcut on wifi and it works properly. can some post there vzwwap settings so I can make sure mine are correct, or can some explain to me how to fix my problem?
  2. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

i also have had this happen to me.
    what could it be and how does everyone else have theres setup.
  3. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

My personal opinion is it is something to do with the Dynamic Layout. I've had issues on and off when I first got mine with data on that setting. Since then I've changed layouts and have never had a problem on any of hte Naps I have. My buddy called me the other day complaining about the same thing on his Nap as he uses the Dynamic Layout also. My suggestion was to change it and since he has not had a problem either. the kicker is it makes no sense to me why the layout would be causing it so I have no clue. All I do know is I changed mine a few weeks back and never have had the issue since.
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i dont really have much to add other than i have never had any email related issues with the Nap and i have only used the dynamic HS

i run 1 POP3 account and 1 exchange account

if someone could tell me where the vzw wap settings are i will post mine
  5. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

I’m using live mail on the VZW today screen. I can even get my voicemail by youmail on my today screen.

Yesterday I had a problem similar to yours.

I had went to McDonnell’s and tried to use the free wifi I get with sbcglobal.net (at&t).
    After fooling with the wifi my VZW internet connection would not work. I checked the setting I had not fooled with and they were normal.

I didn’t have time to waste and I needed to remove some junk left behind by some programs I had uninstalled anyway, so I did a master reset.

It takes me 30 min. to rebuild my phone.
  6. n99hockey

how did you get your youmail voicemail to show up in your voicemail plugin?
  7. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

It's not using the voicemail plug-in.

I setup youmail to get my voicemail then I forward my youmail to my livemail account.

You only have to do it once.
    The next time I restore the phone I install the livemail cab first. Then go to setup email account and livemail takes over.
    Really fast.
  8. n99hockey

oh ok so its just an email account
    gotcha
  9. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

yea i do the samething with youmail
    i also get the text (which i set it up for indicating voicemail or missed call) which is kind of redundant but eh whatever:tounge:
  11. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

How is that you guys can send/receive from the HS? My HS shortcut takes me to my inbox.
  12. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

See my avatar it sends/receives automatic. But if I wanted to speed it up Hit Sync
  13. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Sorry, I was directing my question to those who are using the Dynamic HS, same HS I am using.
  14. occfan

occfan New Member

I had to do reset to get my gmail working.
  15. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Cool I'm glad you got it working. But how were you able to send/receive from HS? My HS link takes me to my inbox.
  16. occfan

occfan New Member

I hit the email shortcut then message then send/ receive
  17. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Oh... ok... thought you were sending/receiving from the HS. Never mind. Carry on. Glad you got it working. For future reference (if you haven't done so) I would have just deleted the gmail account, reboot, then set it up again, before doing a master reset. Saves you from having to reinstall all apps, data, etc. back onto phone. Usually works.
  18. occfan

occfan New Member

I tried that 3 times
  19. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

have you got it working now? have you changed your home screen layout like mentioned above?have you not used the shortcut and find it working directly instead?
    i find my short cut sometimes gives me the error message but if i go into the menu and do it it works every time.
  20. occfan

occfan New Member

i had to do a full reset to get it back!! i tried all of the other recommendations but none of them worked.