Email Problem on telus

Discussion in 'International' started by realnursebarbie, Oct 2, 2007.

1. realnursebarbie

realnursebarbie New Member

Email Problem on telus

Good Day All,
    I am experiencing an issue with email not able to send. I have setup both sympatico and gmail accounts on my moto q. I am able to receive the emails without any issue but, when I go to reply or send a new email I have problems.
    I get an response back in my inbox saying the email address is invalid (invalid Receiptent) and the mail message goes back to the drafts folder.
    I know the email address is correct. I have checked the outgoing server address with Telus and they are correct?
    Could someone help me as to why I cannot send email. It will be most appreciated!
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard... are you using the same smtp servers by chance ? secondly, have you tried sending to another email address just as a test ?
  3. realnursebarbie

realnursebarbie New Member

Email Problem

Thank You. To answer your questions..
    No, their are 2 different smtp servers. Yes, I have tried sending a new email as a test and it does not send as well.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and you have these accounts tested on a pc ? just so you're 100% sure they allow you to use their servers to send out mail.

for Gmail check out this post and follow all those steps.
  5. petoria

petoria New Member

Hey, I've had the same problem myself, I have the Q9h for Fido, and since you're using the "FIDO" internet and Telus email doesn't recognize it. So for your outgoing server you have to use "gprs.fido.ca" hopefully this helps

Cheers