Email in Real Time

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by ckest13, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ckest13

ckest13 New Member

Email in Real Time

I set up my AOL account on my Q but it only checks every 15 mins. Is there anyway to set it up so it comes in real time?

Thanks.
  2. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

If you setup a POP3 connection, then no. I believe if you wanted anything sooner than 15 min, you would need to setup wireless sync on a PC.
  3. ckest13

ckest13 New Member

ive actually heard that.. is that a hard process?
  4. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

It's actually relatively simple to setup. The only drawback is having to leave your PC turned on as long as you want to receive emails.

Go here for more info: http://wirelesssync.vzw.com
  5. ckest13

ckest13 New Member

ok great im gonna try it... i leave my pc on at home all the time so thats not a problem.

do i have to be signed into aol the whole time on my pc to have my aol come to my phone in real time?
  6. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

I do believe you will need to use Microsoft Outlook (should come free with your phone). You will need to setup Outlook to download your AOL email.
  7. bglawrence

bglawrence New Member

Try going to www.alwaysonmail.com. Down the Windows smartphone 2002/2003 version...it works on Mobile 5.0 You will get your emails pushedin real time (wiythin 5-30 seconds of receiving on the server, no desktop needs to be on. It usually arrives on the phone within 15 minutes of seeing it on my AOL account.
  8. bglawrence

bglawrence New Member

Try going to www.alwaysonmail.com. Download the Windows smartphone 2002/2003 version...it works on Mobile 5.0 You will get your emails pushedin real time (within 5-30 seconds of receiving on the server, no desktop needs to be on. It usually arrives on the phone within 15 seconds of seeing it on my AOL account.