Email (Gmail) Issue - Searched and Can't Find Answer

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by loonatic, Jan 14, 2008.

1. loonatic

loonatic New Member

Email (Gmail) Issue - Searched and Can't Find Answer

Sorry to post an email issue but I've been searching for hours to no avail.

I have:
    -Vista Business + Office 2007
    -Black Moto Q - Verizon version
    -Gmail account

Basically I have a gmail account that is being popped by my phone and my desktop pc running Outlook 07. I figured out that IMAP won't work due to the HTML message failure so I'm back to popping the account with the Q. Everything seems to work okay on the Q (except I didn't know that I couldn't delete my sent messages that came back to me on the phone - but I figured out that the hard way).

Now my problem is that I can't get my emails that I'm sending from my phone to show up in my Outlook. Does this make sense?

Sorry if this has been covered but I've been looking for a long time and can't find anything to fix this issue.
  2. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

Check your gmail settings, make sure that your pop/imap settings aren;t set to archiv/delete when the messages are accessed by pop
  3. loonatic

loonatic New Member

It's currently set to "keep Gmails copy in the inbox"
  4. Rcnathan

Rcnathan New Member

I don't think they will.
  5. loonatic

loonatic New Member

That doesn't make sense to me. If messages that I send from web-based gmail show up in my Outlook (they go to the inbox, but I made a rule that sends them to "Sent Mail"), and the messages that I send from my phone show up in my web-based gmail --- then how come when Outlook pops Gmail it doesn't pull them? Aren't all the folders popped?
  6. lexicon

lexicon New Member

Take a look on your mobile device center and see if you have specified which folders to sync on the machine. I'm not sure if your outlook will be able to sync directly with the gmail servers for sent items from your phone, but you should be able to sync those remaining folders via the mobile device center. Let me know if this solves your issue; meanwhile I will see if my outlook folders match up with my Q items. I'm not so serious about those accounts as I generally use them from the phone primarily.