Email account disappeared

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by rfarrah, Jan 28, 2009.

1. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Email account disappeared

I've had my POP email account set up on my Q9c for months with no trouble at all. A couple of weeks ago after a soft reset, it just disappeared. I tried to re-set it and the program said an account was already set up with those parameters. After another soft reset, the account came back.

This morning, again after a soft reset, the account has disappreared and refuses to come back. The program still says there is already an account set up, but...nothing.

Any ideas?
  2. cjpederson

cjpederson New Member

This was happening to me as well for a while, and was ultimately solved by a master reset. I suspect the problem started after installing a program, but I'm not sure which one. I had just gotten my phone, and downloading programs left and right to try them. Once I figured out what I really wanted to use, I did a master reset and only re-installed what I needed.

Anyway, I would suggest you back up and try a master reset.
  3. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Thanks. That is always the option of last resort. I'm kind of wondering if SK Tools is "cleaning" something it shouldn't, but wouldn't explain why it does this only occassionaly, as I use that app fairly frequently.
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

SKTools wouldn't delete an email account (at least it's never done it to me). If you want you can change the settings within SK tools to make the scans less agressive
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Sktools, wont delete any setttings. it only searches for messages. It does delete bad shortcuts. Dont have any idea how the effects email accounts. I turned that part off, takes to long. Also maybe a registry scan. I also never use that.
  6. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

FWIW, both times it has happened has been immediately after a soft reset initiated by me via SK tools. Beyond that I haven't a clue (welcome to my world).
  7. cjpederson

cjpederson New Member

Did you ever find a solution to this? After was mine working for a while, it started happening to me as well. After a soft reset, my Gmail account is gone. To get it back, I have to set up a new fake account, then my original Gmail account shows back up and I delete the fake one. I have no clue why that would work, but it does. It's a pain to have to do that every time I soft reset, so I'd like to figure out a permanent solution.
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

sounds like TMail isnt loading, maybe. Just wondering, do you use facade. The old version had a TMail issue.
  9. cjpederson

cjpederson New Member

Yes, I use facade. Version 1.4.9. Is there a more recent version?
  10. cjpederson

cjpederson New Member

OK, I answered my own question. Yes, there is an updated version (1.4.11). I'm going to try that, and I'll post my results.
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

1.4.9 should have been good. Try a screen that doesn't use facade, for the heck of it.
  12. cjpederson

cjpederson New Member

I upgraded my Facade to 1.4.11, and it still happened. So I took your advice and changed to a screen that doesn't use Facade and did another soft reset. My Gmail account still disappeared. So it's not a problem with Facade... thanks anyway for your suggestion!

Back to square one... is anyone else experiencing this?
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

you should check you task manager, see what is running when it isnt showing up, then check it when it does. See what is different.
  14. cjpederson

cjpederson New Member

After I get Gmail to show up, task manager shows System & Gmail (or whatever email account I last had open). After a soft reset, I check to see if Gmail is there (which it isn't), then go to task manager. It shows System & Messaging, I'm assuming because I opened Messaging to see if Gmail was there. If I go straight to task manager after a soft reset, it shows System and MMS. No matter what way I do it, tmail.exe (Gmail, Outlook, SMS, etc.) is running after a soft reset.

Here's the weird thing. If I kill Messaging in the task manager and reopen it, Gmail appears. It seems as though when tmail.exe launches at startup, it looses Gmail. If I kill it and relaunch it, Gmail reappears. Weird.
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

very strange, that's all i got. At least you have a faster way to get it working.
  16. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

To answer your question, I haven't found out what causes it. I don't use Facade. Just every once in a while the email account disappears after a soft reset. Sooner or later it comes back all by itself.

...stump the band on this one.
  17. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

if it goes away, try just sending yourself an email from somewhere. it might just show up when it gets to your phone.