Ekos Homescreens

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by eko, Feb 8, 2008.

1. flattoprob

flattoprob New Member

Home Screens

you have made some outstanding home Screens. you made one woth a Batman theme with facade was wondering if you could make a mcs for it thanks again
  2. Montala

Montala New Member

Hi,

I know that Page 37 of a thread is a bit late for a first post, so please bear with me!

I probably shouldn't be here at all really as I don't actually own a Motorola Q phone, as mine is an Asus M530W, which is similar device... but with wi-fi!

I only recently recently 'discovered' Eko's superb Homescreens, and really like the Ekowheel Vista (non plug in version) which I have already installed. I was initially hoping that the icon bar could be repositioned at the top of the screen, but having just finished reading through the entire thread, I now appreciate that this is not possible, but as Ellie said, you quickly get used to it anyway.

I would however like Eko to make me a few minor alterations to it for me... nothing too major, and have therefore already made a PayPal donation, which I hope has been safely received.

Rather than clutter up the thread with my specific requests I though it probably best to deal by private email, but am not quite sure what to do next.

Very impressed with what I have seen (and read) so far though.

Thanks for listening!
  3. FLBuckeye

FLBuckeye New Member

Newbie Download Help

Feel like I am wasting your time, but I looked at your site and was amazed! I tried to install the OSU Buckeye home screen unsuccessfully. Followed ur instructions on your site, copied files successfully to Start Menu, opened up .cab file and all that displays is the xml file in IE. I just got my Q9c yesterday, so I really don't know what I am doing yet. Any help is appreciated!
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

the .cab file can be copied anywhere on the Q and "execute"/run it with the File Manager, if that did not work. copy the .xml and image file to \Application Data\Home and then select it, Start Menu > Settings > Home Screen...

ps. welcome aboard..
  5. FLBuckeye

FLBuckeye New Member

I tried both. No "execute"/run it option on File Manager - clicked the center ok button on the CAB file - still got the XML displaying (no install). Move files to \Application Data\Home and it won't show up when I access Start Menu > Settings > Home Screen.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

click on the cab file to install it...
    clicking on it executes the file
    clicking=center silver button
  7. FLBuckeye

FLBuckeye New Member

Did that. All that shows up is the xml file (like you see on an XML editor). I can cee the file, but nothing installs.
  8. n99hockey

verify the file extension actually is a cab file and not something else
  9. FLBuckeye

FLBuckeye New Member

Fair enough. CAB file is named ostate.cab. When downloaded to my computer (PC) the cab extracts with these 4 files inside: _setup.xml; 00ostate.003; OSTATE~1.001; OSTATE~1.004 & OSTATE~2.002. Of the last four files listed here in this post, the files types are as follows (respectively): 003 file; 001 file; 004 file & 002 file.

I tried with another school, also, and the same thing happened.
  10. n99hockey

well dont extract the files inside...this is what we are saying
    move the entire file to the Q and click the cab to install ON the Q...so your only moving 1 file...the files inside you see are the install files
  11. FLBuckeye

FLBuckeye New Member

Brilliant! For all of the other smartphone idiots out there like me, when I downloaded the the CAB file from Ekopapers.com, it gave me the option to open it or save it. I had been opening it every time, instead of saving the CAB file.

Thanks for your help, n99hockey and rudeboy!
  12. n99hockey

and there you have it
  13. Eko,
    Your dale jr theme is nice, but when in the file manager, etc. Only black bars appear above the start button.
    No data is displayed. Your black bars theme is installed, but could this be a font color issue?
    I can post a screen shot if necessary.
  14. JWH10

JWH10 New Member

eko, on your page there are some nice wallpapers that are meant for the WM7 theme. Is there anyway you can quickly create one more with the attached background? Thanks in advance either way.

Attached Files:

15. swat2761

swat2761 New Member

Some help please

I downloaded your USMC homescreen (Thanks, been looking for this for a while now). I followed your instructions to load it on the phone and when i do, i get that there is no application associated with this. What app do i need or how do i get this load on the phone?
  16. Hines57

Hines57 New Member

Those are awesome. Thanks. I really like the Black Softkeys. I get it to work stand alone, but I can not get it to work on any that use FACADE. I am lost. ben trying for 3 days.
  17. omg its nate

omg its nate New Member

Army Home Screen

I was wondering if you could add this wall to it?

[​IMG]

Thanks!
  18. cheri

cheri Active Member

hines go to your settings>background> blacksoft keyes
  19. dmarzean

dmarzean New Member

Can you do this please?

I love this background:

[​IMG]

But I am looking for something with a little more color.

Can you use this picture as the background?

[​IMG]

Thanks,

Doug

My girl wanted me to ask for this one...

[​IMG]
  20. Hines57

Hines57 New Member

Wierd..... This morning I woke up to my alarm and Vioila, Black soft keys!!! PFM :gasp: