Editing start menu / Remove Vcast

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by avizpls, Oct 1, 2007.

1. avizpls

avizpls New Member

Editing start menu / Remove Vcast

I dont want V cast! I ran it to see what it was, and it asked me to do an update. I ran the cab file, and installed to the SD card. I then used Vcast, dont want it, and uninstalled it.

Do I still have any remnants of Vcast hogging up memory on either the card or the internal memory?

Secondly, now there is an invalid shortcut on my rotory style menu when I hit the start button. How can I delete this?

Thanks!
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard, if you used the Remove Programs functions there shouldn't be any remains :}

the icon will disappear if you open up enough other programs..
  3. avizpls

avizpls New Member

No, not the list of recently used items, I've dealt with invalid shortcuts there. I just kept bumping like you describe. but this one is on the Start menu.

Cant find anywhere in Registry of File Explorer where all of them are. Windows\start menu has some, but not all of the shortcuts I see when I hit 'start'

Thanks for the fast reply!
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

grmbl.... if there is a left over shortcut icon in the Start Menu i am assuming if you used the Remove Software the un-install procedure sucks. if the icon is in the Start Menu it must be in \Windows\Start Menu.

you could also try running SK Tools to clean up some stuff..
  5. avizpls

avizpls New Member

definatlt not in that dir unless its hidden and the file explorer that comes with the q9m can't see hiddens. and I did use the uninstall program. what does sk tools do for me and how much is it.

posted via q
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

unlikely a entry in the Start Menu would be hidden. did you reboot after un-install ?

the lite version is free, it just cleans unused registry entries and shortcuts, and more..

posted on the Q.