Editing Docs and Saving Them Back To SkyDrive, Dropbox, etc.

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by intotheairwaves, Jun 7, 2011.

1. intotheairwaves

intotheairwaves New Member

I bought a Windows Phone so that I could seamlessly download, edit, and save documents to some kind of "sky drive", but quickly realized that this is impossible! I am wondering if anyone has found a way to do this with SkyDrive (or Dropbox), which I know will be coming in the Mango update. I know that Windows Phone doesn't let you re-post/save documents to third party applications such as Dropbox, but SkyDrive is a Windows application (not third party) and it confuses/annoys me that they haven't released some way for us to use true cloud features on a phone designed based for the cloud!

I keep hearing about how the Windows Phone is all about cloud networking, but really, the only cloud-like thing I can even use on this is SkyDrive photos, which I don't even need because all of my albums are on Facebook and connect with my pictures hub automatically. Am I just missing something that everyone else has figured out? Is there a way to actually integrate the document-end of cloud with the current Windows 7 Phone?
  2. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

I believe the word is that will come with the Mango release coming up this fall.

Not positive though.

And I agree, it makes no sense that this isn't in already (and, IMO, it makes skydrive 100% worthless, as you can't even upload images without losing quality).
  3. mmbond

mmbond New Member