ebay q9n

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by briansailing, Mar 3, 2009.

1. briansailing

briansailing New Member

ebay q9n

Just ordered an eBay q9n before checking on this forum for information, seems there have been a lot of problems with the phones. The two eBay sellers are iroc1 or campodirect. Please post any information on success or failures with phone bought from these sellers, important information such as hw version, sw version, able to activate on verizon or unlocked sims. Any aditional information is apricated.

Thanks

Brian
  2. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

3. briansailing

briansailing New Member

I received my q9n from iroc1 in mint condition and will all features working except gps. hardware v3.2c china and software 1.33. I posed a new thread on how i activated the data, previously i had a q9m 6.1.

Brian
  4. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

If yo uare interested in GPS try contacting Moto Manic.

As for actviating it's just as easy these days to *228 and select option3 being it is a VZW phone. No need to go threw the other steps really. That is more of a help when activating a phone that is not truly a VZW phone. Just my .02 tho as I swap phone like no tomorrow and never have any issues. Heck almost all my VZW phone are not even running VZW firmware and I still don't have issues.
  5. MotQ

MotQ New Member

Ebay Phone

I received mine from Campodirect and the phone itself works perfectly. I did have a lot of trouble getting it activated with Verizon because they kept insisting it wasn't in their database. I did the *228 and 3 on my home phone yesterday and activated that way, then tried to move it around and still couldn't get it to work on my work account (Q9c). I called Verizon on it and they said it wouldn't work on my system. After I asked them how I was able to call them on it and was talking to them on it at the moment, they fiddled around and entered the M ID in the system and now everything is working perfectly. Mine is a HW 3.2 from China with 1.33.00. So far so good. Lots of helpful advice from people on here that should be useful to you
  6. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

my guess on your trouble with the q9c account is the fact it is setup as a smartphone account. And being the system does not see it (Nap)as a smartphone it did know what needed to be setup. Every nap I've setup has been put on a normal dumbphone line with just the ******** for data and it work perfectly using the *228 option 3. And for that reason I'm guessing that is why it worked fine on your personal account with no troubles. Bottom line tho is you have it working and setup on the account you want so it's all good.
  7. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

WOW! Are you meaning to say that the V-Pak WILL work on the nap? If so...I could dump my data plan, yes? -RIP
  8. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Exactly what I mean. Before having my Nap I had a VZW v9m flashed to USCC, and I also own a Telus v9m. Both were fully working on VZW, when I got a Krave I was forced to the Nationwide plans so for data usage so I added the ******** to the account to cover the data usage. When I got hte Nap did *228 option 3 over the air to actviate and have been golden since. Seeing as the system does not recognize the Nap it doens't know it is a smartphone so you are covered for data when you have the *******. FY II just got my bill after owning it for a month and had no issue on the dta charges with having the vpak on the account. I also have 3 other friends setup the same way and all is good there also.
  9. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Well, since I had a prior data plan with my Q9c, I'm wondering how to just change over or if they'll let me. I don't think I could do it without human intervention. I guess that's why you get that "generic flip phone" shadow icon. -RIP
  10. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

just as a heads up with all the posts i have seen "add vpak for almost free data" will raise a flag once its seen on here. i know a few vzw people on here that watch it.so please pm that kinda stuff and edit ALL the posts if you can.
    itll help all of us keep our secret longer..amazing how fast it spread.
  11. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Will do bud when i have a few mins. Good call tho if they are out and about.

Altho IMHO it's garbage that smartphones have to pay double the price for the same thing a dumbphone gets access to for half the cost.
  12. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

MOST appreciated and appropriate post, man!!!! Let's keep it to ourselves. Those bastages get MORE than their share of unearned $$$$ as it is. :) -RIP
  13. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

So quit talking about it already...
  14. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

lol HA !!!!! :) -Q