E-mail Issues

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by dnastro, May 16, 2007.

1. dnastro

dnastro New Member

E-mail Issues

Hello:

I have been having serious issues with my email on my Motorola Q. I have set up a gmail account semi-successfully and am alerted of incoming mail. But I found out today that none of the e-mails I was sending from the phone where getting to their destinations. Also, even though gmail is set up on the device, it is all pushed to the Microsoft Outlook Folder. Finally, I would like to set up my office account which has a domino server, which I did successfully and am able to send/receive email, however it is all forwarded to the Microsoft Outlook Account on my device and I would like it to go in a separate folder. I have set up an account on my phone for each but all the e-mail still goes to the same place and the folders that I have created are always empty! What? I have called Verizon Wireless several times, and they never have a solution. Does anyone know the answers to these problems?
  2. BobDallas

BobDallas New Member

Yahoo

I am a newbie to all of this, I have Yahoo. Finally got it all lined up and I can receive my email, but I can't send email. Have no idea where it goes, if it goes, to any folder, or anywhere. Hope someone sees these posts and has some suggestions
  3. bcutlerj

bcutlerj New Member

More Help Needed

I am assuming/hoping that y'all solved the no-send email problem. If so, please share the solution. I am at the same point as each of you and can receive but can't send from gmail or yahoo. Booo hoooo hoooo. :frown:
  4. mooie

mooie New Member

I can send email through gmail but it can take up to several hours for the recipient to get it. Haven't tried Yahoo yet.

Motorola Q, Sprint service

Hey, new here, great forum, love my Q! :smile:

5. BobDallas

BobDallas New Member

No luck yet for me. I even emailed Yahoo, but nothing back from them other than a canned response. I'd be happy if they went out at all, even hours from then. They show sending when I sign on, but no one has ever received anything. Perplexing.
  6. BobDallas

BobDallas New Member

At least I've found how to send email by going to yahoo.com. Seems it would work without doing that, but at least on Yahoo, you go there just like on a PC, sign in, and you can use it. Since we didn't get many answers on this thread, I'll take that for now.....
  7. q5485

q5485 New Member

Help with email on multiple accounts

Guys
    This thread has been the most helpful.
    Thanks. I have a problem that I hope you may be able to help. The Q manual says that it can set up 7 email accounts on the q. I have over 12 separate email accounts. Most of them are pop3 but I am going to try to access one of them using VPN. On my desktop computer, I have Outlook Express 6.o which bundles all the email accounts nicely for me. The limit of 7 email accounts has me worried. I have configured Q to receive email from those 7 accounts. Is there a 3-rd party software that can help me access those 13 email accounts like it does on my desktop using Outlook express? In other words, I would like oulook express type functionality on my q. I do have MS Outlook which I can sync but I would like to get my emails through the internet and not through activesyncing. Is there a hack for getting more than 7 email accounts on the q? I need those 13 accounts for work related reasons.
    I read somewhere on this site about Flexmail 2007. Has anyone used that before? Is there a limit on email accounts using that software? Any idea where I can get that software for free?
    Where can I get other free software from my Q? Sorry if I sound greedy but q is my first pda type device and I want to get the most out of it.
    Do you have any recommendations for "must have" software for the Q?

Please post your suggestions and thanks for your support.
    Regards
    Kash
  8. BobDallas

BobDallas New Member

That's pretty complex for this thread. none of us can even figure out how to send Email yet. haha
  9. robinutah

robinutah New Member

only synchs one time

i have 3 email accounts setup. i am using yahoo go 1.0 for yahoo mail, pocket msn for hotmail, and i've set up my gmail with mobile outlook.

for some reason, i can only get my mail to synch once on my yahoo account directly after setting it up. after that, yahoo go connects fine but it won't synch unless i de-select mail as one of the 'yahoo services' in settings, close yahoo go, then open it and set it up again.

obviously, not ideal. any ideas?

@ 5485
    as for using 13 email accounts, i'm sure you thought of forwarding 6 of the accounts into other account/s and automatically separating the forwarded emails into separate folders. maybe a little messy but would work.
  10. Longhorns

Longhorns New Member

I'm running into the same issue of not being able to email out of multiple accounts.

I just got my Q over the weekend. I have two email accounts on my Q. One is an Outlook account for the work place the other is a Road Runner account for Personal use. I created the RR account on Monday and everything worked fine as far as sending and receiving email. I created the Outlook account the following day and sync with my office emails, contacts and appointments. Later on in the day I noticed I could no longer send emails via my RR account. I get a "Invalid Message recipients" - your message was not send and has been moved ot the Drafts folder. The following reciepents are invalid. I know the recipient is a valid email address as I have sent to several contacts and get the same message. I do receive emails from my RR account with no problem. As for my Outlook account, I
    can send and receive with no issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hook'em Horns
  11. redbirds_09

redbirds_09 New Member

I have the Q and I am enjoying my email. I would say one thing to make sure everything is setup correctly is let the phone setup the domain things for you. Also you can set the phone to login every 15mins, 30, 45, hr, or once a day. I have my sprintpcs set up for every 15mins and my yahoo set up for every hour.

About sending out emails. Once you type an email and send it off it goes into the outbox because you are not logged in at that very moment to send the email so what I do is send the email and then click menu (right soft key) the last thing on that menu is send/receive. Once you click that it logs in to your account and sends any emails sitting in the outbox and checks for any incoming emails.

I hope this helps you all with the email accounts. I have yahoo, and sprintpcs setup on my phone as email accounts.
  12. Longhorns

Longhorns New Member

Thanks redbirds,

I know my settings are correct as I did let the system set me up and I was able to send and receive emails out of my Road Runner account before I setup my Office Outlook account. I let Active Sync 4.5 loaded on my laptop setup my Office Outlook account and then all of a sudden I could no longer send emails out of my RR account. I compose the message click send, go to Send/Receive to send out the message immediately and I get a message back just like you would if you sent it off your desktop email to a wrong or undelieverable email address. This message though states the following...Invalid Message recipients" - your message was not sent and has been moved ot the Drafts folder. The following reciepents are invalid. I wonder if it is having a conflict with the Outlook exchange server settings? You are basically using two POP3 accounts and it seems to work fine.

I appreciate the attempt though to help me out.

Thanks
    Hook'em Horns!!
  13. john1_83

john1_83 New Member

For gmail do not use the outlook account on the Q to get your mail. setup up another account for it. Use the Gmail POP3 settings found here in the forum mor in GMail's help section. Don't forget that you also have to go into your GMAIL options and enable POP3 access. I used the setting from the GMail help and i have absolutely no problems getting and send gmail messages from my Q, and there is no lag in delivery time. Also to make sure that your message sends right away, after pushing the send button when done composing the email, push the menu button and select send/recieve. that will override the Q default send and recieve schedule and send the message right away. If any one has questions or needs help let me know.. I am working on the screen shots to create a small tutorial for setting up a gmail account on the Q, as it can be slightly confusing.
  14. Mockuz

Mockuz New Member

solution

I was getting the same problem with the invalid email address. Found it wasn't the address being sent to that caused the problem. Rather the wrong address in the options for my addy.

(note: i didnt read every post so sorry if i missed something already said)
  15. Michael Pursley

Michael Pursley New Member

One way to fix serious issues with the email

I had the same problem or should say have. Resetting cures the email problem for a while but it always comes back. Here is the way that I have solved the email problem for me. First, you need to know that my phone carrier is Alltel. Your phone carrier may have a different solution. But what I did for me was setup my pop3 account to the phone, doing it the standard way, but I changed the outbound (smtp) to the phone's carrier, so that the outbound address set up in the phone is: <mail.alltel.net>.

Seems wierd but this little trick works. The best part is that my out going email still reads as though being from my regular pop3 provider (knology is my pop3 or email provider). Hope this helps you. Good luck!
  16. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Did you make sure you have enabled POP through gmail.com? Also you should ensure that the settings you want are correct at gmail.com.
  17. xena16

xena16 New Member

Did you resolve your issue with invalid message recipients - I'm having the exact same problem with my wi.rr.com account.

Thanks for you help -
  18. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

RR accounts

I have a road runner account, also. Time-Warner will only allow e-mail to be sent on a computer connected to your cable modem. I resolved the issue by using my sprintpcs e-mail as my outgoing server. Select 'Outgoing Server Settings'. Check use different user name for outgoing server, and enter your user name and password for the account you are going to use. The e-mails have your RR user name in the 'From' location.
  19. Michael Pursley

Michael Pursley New Member

Yes I did solve the problem. And i am glad that others are using this method and solving it as well. After a couple months of using the carrier's pop3 account for out going and my own pop3 for incoming I have had no issues to date. I believe that the conflict exists in the wm5 that Q uses as the platform for outlook. what I am doing is actually fooling wm5 into having a conflict with one account while I bypass it and use another account. I believe this because you can always go back to the original pop3 and have the conflict at any time. The conflict is still there you have just found a way to by pass the problem. A hack would be able to explain this I am sure in programing detail. Anyway, good luck -Mike P :smile:
  20. kyderr

kyderr New Member

5 email account limit

I was only able to set up 5 e-mail accounts on my q. Now I try to add another and the new option is dimmed. I tried hunting through the registry, to no avail..