Dumb ?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by TWC, Jun 23, 2006.

1. TWC

TWC New Member

Dumb ?

What do the arrows pointing left & right in between the battery indicator and the signal strength indicator mean?
    I assume that they indicate some sort of data transfer. They seem to be displayed on my Q all the time. I checked the manual and did not see anything about it.
    Thanks.
  2. ckest13

ckest13 New Member

i've always thought it was data.
  3. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

Thats what I have heard. I did a bit of searching and could not find any documentation on it.
  4. duc748bip

duc748bip New Member

I think its wireless data. Because once I connect it to a PC the arrow goes out. So I presume the Q is logon to data network all the time. (Unlimited data plan here so no worry) And a log off when there are activsync is connected. (Since the internet goes through the USB)
  5. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

My vote is for data also. On the Treo 700p, there are also arrows. Just launched the web browser and sure enough, they go green. Normally, they are greyed out.

-Chris
  6. amiexploited

amiexploited New Member

that unlimited data plan thing you guys are talkin about....is that "PDA/SMARTPHONE UNLIM - $44.99" thats what shows up on the reciept under the selected features....is that what you guys are talkin about.....
  7. vzwchick

vzwchick New Member

Any time that you are transmitting Data the Arrows pointing inward will be there // Whether you have a Data Pkg or Not... But I Personally would never recommend having pay per KB being that can add up pretty quickly. Pay per KB is 0.015/kb // I had a cst call in one time with about 60,000 kb used & she was on the pay per kb feature... talk about feeling bad!! that was 60,000kb times 0.015 came up to about $900.00 !!

Thank goodness I have Unl cuz I racked up tons of usage in the first week!
  8. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

Never pay per KB, Ive had a similar experience and no matter how careful you are watching your usage, your bound to get hit once or twice with outrageous numbers....