Dropped Calls

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by RAMpatrick, Jul 18, 2007.

1. RAMpatrick

RAMpatrick New Member

Dropped Calls

I just recently switched from the RAZR V3c to the Q. I love my Q! The only problem I have experienced is it seems to drop calls a lot more often than my RAZR. I don't know if it is my phone or if it is Alltel. Any suggestions?
  2. BigTK

BigTK New Member

I don't know how often your calls are dropped but perhaps I’ll give you something for comparison. I have had 1 dropped call in the past 450 minutes of phone use. I wish I could give you more data to work with but I just switched to Alltel. Hope this helps

T.
  3. traylor1

traylor1 New Member

I have had mine now for 4 months and have dropped maybe 1 call, only because I went through an area notorious for bad signals.

You might want to take note where it drops and keep a log for a few calls. It could be location. Or it could be a bad receiver. If the latter, you might go let alltel know.

I work in a school and I was in an interior room the other day and was sure i would lose the call, but it hung in there.
  4. Guerrilla

Guerrilla New Member

I've never had a dropped call anywhere except while I was camping in the middle of an area where AllTel says they have no service. The dropped calls there happened when my phone would lose the signal and lose the call while switching to a very weak signal from a Wisconsin tower (this was farther north in Michigan along Lake Michigan).
  5. toolman157

toolman157 New Member

In my case, its Alltel. I tried updating prl list (*228 then press 2) and also had settings tweaked at store. This helped a little but I live at bottom of hill. Repeated inquiries as to when a solution to this problem have been fruitless. What the heck, Alltel just made 238 million profit for the quarter and collected the highest revenue from universal service fund (70 million) So the CEO and cronies get paid and we get dick. Network improvements or bonuses for CEO and shareholders hmmmm.... It aint bieng spent on improvements thats for sure.. Sprint and Verizon have just completed major network upgrades but we get.... you guessed it.... the big goose egg!! Anyway i left the rant at the bottom and the useful info at the top. Hope this helps but I doubt it.
  6. goyleinlove

goyleinlove New Member

I can't speak for Alltel as I am a Verizon customer. But I have very few dropped calls on my Q. I would say that I average one dropped call a month. I use around 1250 minutes a month on average. I also came to the Q from a RAZR. I had many more dropped calls with the RAZR.
  7. tmorrow24

tmorrow24 New Member

For the first 3 months, I experienced maybe 2 or 3 dropped calls on my Q. It always said it had fewer bars than my wife's Razr, but the call quality was excellent and RARELY dropped calls.

However, in the 3-4 weeks - month of July, really - my Q AND my wife's Razr are both experiencing several dropped calls per day and weak signals where previously medium to strong signals. This was noticed initially at our home, but we've started noting weaker signals and dropped calls all over town (Kalamazoo, MI). Maybe its just us being overly sensitive, but it really does seem like Alltel may have recently made some tweaks around here that have made the quality worse.