Driver/Vista Issues

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Griffeycom, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Griffeycom

Griffeycom New Member

Driver/Vista Issues

Hello all,

I just got a Q9h today from AT&T. I came home to hook it up to my computer and copy my contacts over but when I plug in the phone it starts to install drivers but hangs and I get an error message saying

"Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework has stopped working"

This happens EVERYTIME, I've rebooted, restored from an earlier time among other things. Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 is installed. In my Device Manager I have under "Portable Devices" > "Windows Mobile-based devices" with a yellow triangle with the explanation point next to it.

I'm running Vista Home Premium

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so how did you fix it? Also, if anyone has this driver or knows where I can get it, please help me out!

Thanks for any help!
  2. Caz

Caz New Member

I am running Vista Ultimate (on a Dell XPS 1330 laptop) and it Autodetected the Q9h fine. Everything now works (file browsing, charging, etc)

I don't have a solution for you, just wanted to make sure you know that nothing special was required in my case.
  3. unplug any usb devices, delete the usb controller and start from scratch. Maybe there is a file that you have on the device when syncing that is causing the problem.