Dreading the day Q9C's are gone forever...

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Whizzer, Jun 15, 2010.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

It MIGHT if you can get the MEID of the phone in the other CDMA carriers database, but unlikely

See answer above.

eBay

If the phone does not have wifi built you in will need a WIFI SD Card, there are some out there, but keep in mind you lose all SD storage ability. I cant think of the name off the top of my head, but there are many threads here on WiFi SD Cards and the Q
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Unlocked usually refers to GSM carriers.
  3. mhans311

mhans311 Member

I still activate my old Ozone every once in awhile, mostly during finals week so my Droid X doesn't distract me from studying :). I still don't mind using Winmo every once in awhile. It syncs my school email much better than my X. Every OS has its place I guess. I could never go back to Winmo full time though.

As for the wifi question, I don't think there are any Q9c's (verizon or sprint) that have WIFI built in. Like n99hockey said, you need a wifi card that plugs into the mini sd slot.
  4. Shawn O'Brion

Shawn O'Brion New Member

It's really simple guys. There's opinion, and then there's fact. Why not a simple, fact-based, contest? Choose 10 of your favorite apps on your favorite phone/os, and I will then find 10 similar ones for my old, shitty, obsolete Q9c. Simple, and undisputable. Now let's not be anal-retentive. Similar enough programs- not identical clones. (although regardless of the outcome, you will still say a similar program is completely different, I'm sure, just to be right. ) No arguments or opinions please- Just 10 apps.
  5. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Are you kidding me???
    You show up 6 months later... don't read any replies... and want to continue this conversation? GO back a few pages... there's a nice list of apps I posted. Please show me comparable apps on Windows 6.anything...

Stop holding on to the past, man. Join us in the future...
  6. mhans311

mhans311 Member

I do look back on my WM days with fondness, but the argument that it is just as good/modern as new OS's is not really an argument at all. I will play along, so here are a few apps I use a lot on my android phone.

1. Camera/Video recorder to shoot 8MP photos and 720p video of my daughter.
    2. gFlash+ for flashcards. I am in college. I could never find a flashcard app for WM.
    3. Google Listen to download/stream podcasts
    4. Voice guided navigation
    5. Netflix
    6. Vignette for editing photos
    7. WatchESPN to...well...watch ESPN.
    8. TuneIn radio to stream any radio station anywhere. I use it to listen to sports talk radio from my home town.
    9. Gmail (yes WM has gmail support, but it is SOO much better on android)
    10. And of course, Angry Birds. Definitely no replacement for that on WM ;)

There are definitely some apps I use on android that work fairly well on WM as well such as evernote, youtube, and Facebook. These apps exist on WM, but the experience is just far superior on Android and iOS. There are also many fun games I play on android, but I know many people aren't into games on their phones.

It is ok to use and love WM, but it can't be argued that it is as good as Android, iOS, or WP7. If it suits you for your needs, that's great, but realize that you are definitely in the minority. You will have a hard time convincing the world that WM is the superior OS.
    chris and n99hockey like this.