Doubt it is new - "Login Error" w/Flashed Verizon Q for Alltel Network

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by joabka, May 19, 2008.

1. joabka

joabka New Member

Doubt it is new - "Login Error" w/Flashed Verizon Q for Alltel Network

I have seen numerous postings for this topic, but no direct answer. I have a Verizon Q that I just activated with Alltel. I have flashed it numerous times with different versions, but nothing works for the data access. I get the "login error" every time. Does anyone know how to correct this problem. My phone works perfectly except for the data.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!
  2. jdmm72

jdmm72 New Member

I used the Cricket WAP procedure, but changed the username/password to xxxxxxxxxx@alltel.net with password alltel. It works, but is ugly. Are there any more elegant ways, as google maps and windows live doesn't work.
  3. waahiven

waahiven New Member

I'm having this same problem.

Verizon flashed to Alltel and get the log in error. and I called and had the phone activated and works fine EXCEPT the log in error AND it still says Verizon on the homescreen. when I dial *228 it goes to the verizon network... would love some help!
  4. jdmm72

jdmm72 New Member

I had to get a hex editor and edit the cdma1x, nvm_data, and nvm_hdr to include xxxxxxxxxx@alltel.com instead of the verizon stuff. It did work though.
  5. waahiven

waahiven New Member

AWESOME! I'm glad someone got it to work because without this fix the phone is worthless to me since I can not dial *228 to update the towers and get good signal AND wouldn't be able to use the net or mms.

BUT I'm a noob at this, does anyone have a helpful link or have the time to help me through the steps? you guys have been so helpful thus far and if I can get this part knocked out I'd be the happiest man on here haha :)

if you want to educate me over AIM = waahiven
  6. jdmm72

jdmm72 New Member

This is the actual procedure I used. Anywhere it says "cricket" or "mycricket" change to alltel.net. Obviously, xxxxx is your phone number. You need the Alltel Monster by shoegum

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=1238251

***NOTE: This is for informational purposes only, as this is how I did mine. If this bricks your phone, your fault, not mine...***
  7. waahiven

waahiven New Member

thanks again I'm reading alllll I can about it. but I want to make sure of a few things. 1. will this exact procedure work for the q9? 2. and I'm still looking but have yet to find the HDR files corrected for Alltel. 3. I can't find the alltel Monster file. I flashed it to the update and I'm a newb because I dont understand the difference between the two.

thank you for take the time and if you can answer those 3 as well I will be in your debt!
  8. jdmm72

jdmm72 New Member

I don't know about the Q9, I have the original Q. My Q runs Windows Mobile 5, the Q9 runs Windows Mobile 6.
  9. Techcompsolutions

Techcompsolutions New Member

Okay Jdmm72 can you help me

I was wondering if you could copy those files out of your now functional Alltel Q and send them to me at techcompsolutions@yahoo.com. I understand that I need to modify the files to my phone number and thats fine. But I cant seem to get seem to get the hex editing and adding the extra values down to a science. So if you could help me out I know I can modify my phone number into the file. Thats the easy part.
  10. jdmm72

jdmm72 New Member

I'll try to do it.
  11. jdmm72

jdmm72 New Member

Okay, tech, I sent the files to your email address. I checked them in the hexeditor and the phone number has all 1's or all 0's and not the actual number. My phone is using the shoegum monster and was transferred from nTelos (I think verizon programming) to Alltel. All the things work as they are supposed to.
  12. Techcompsolutions

Thats great and they worked perfectly I apparently have been doing this wrong as I was adding my phone number into the structure of those NVM files. were as it requires zeros.
    For all those that are not hex edit saxy (apparently this includes myself LOL) here is a link to the working files.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/165078018/ALLTEL_INTERNET_FILES.rar

You still need to follow the cricket tutorial using Virtual Serial Port and QPST to input these files into your phone but save yourself the drama and input these files so you dont have to hex edit them.
  13. morenone

morenone New Member

I'm having the same problem, so how do you do the qpst method?
  14. Techcompsolutions

I have found this method in a few forums

I am not sure if It is against the rules here to post a link to another forum but if So Sorry Moderators.

Here are step by step instructions on how to get into the Q's internal programs.

This does not show you were the files go but they are easy enough to find good luck.

http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48711
  15. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

16. jdmm72

jdmm72 New Member

Unfortunately that link does not fix the data problem. The HDR files still say verizon. The steps outlined in this post fix that issue.