Don't forget

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by mariselaporras, Nov 6, 2007.

1. mariselaporras

mariselaporras New Member

Don't forget

I need a little help. I posted the same question and nobody helped me:frown::angry: Does anybody have the app. "don' forget". I downloaded and it is not working. I need my Q to vibrate or ring every time I have a message, like a regular cell phone. Heeeeeeelp.:frown:
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I do!

What wrong?
    What do ya got?
    What ya need?
    Whats it not doin?
  3. mariselaporras

Don't forget

The app. is supposed to remind you every so often when you have messages and is not doing it. It only rings once. I've already increase the frequency and it is not working. Do you have another way to fix this, maybe changing the registry?
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Yeah, if you miss a call (or what ever you've selected in the admin) the sound of what ever .wav file you've selected should go off. I have mine set for 5 minutes, so if I miss a call, in 5min my ear piercing wav file will go off. If I dont hear that, or select exit to that and check my missed calls, it will keep going off every 5 minutes. It's actually quite annoying...guess that's why I use it!

Be sure to use a .wav file that works and be sure to hit "Apply and Exit"

Here's most of my selections:

Attached Files:

5. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

also make sure you have the latest version. programmer just updated with some major bug fixes.
  6. can someone post a link to this program?
  7. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

New version? Dang..its a full time job keeping up to snuff! Thanks!
  9. It says beta to the end of the year. Is this a free app?
  10. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Yes, it's free. Works great too, at least my version, which looks a far cry from the newest 2.50. I'm still on 1.22 for some reason......guess I'll upgrade.
  11. mariselaporras

*wav. file?

So, that's why is not working. I don't know what is a wav. file. Should I install a specific sound in order to work? I don't have a clue how to do it. I've noticed hat on the sound it specified a wav. file, but I thought that it would vibrate or use any of the other sounds from the phone. Thanks for your help. This appl. is really handy.
  12. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

A WAV file is simply a type of music file like MP3 or ogg. Somewhat odd to only use wav files but that is what the developer uses so that's what we're stuck with.

here is what I use. It's cheesy but it works

http://tinyurl.com/2qufxg

http://tinyurl.com/2myw5r

1st one is the actual wav file the second is the wav zipped.

enjoy

Shawn
  13. mariselaporras

wav. file

Hey! thanks a lot. But when I tried to select the folder and then the sound it won't do anything, so I tried to just copy the file name and I realized that my phone does not have an underscore and I can't copy and paste.:frown: Do you have any idea how to transfer the sound to the app.

By the way, it was hilarious! :2cool:
  14. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

No need to copy and paste.

Download the file to your computer than drag it or copy it to your phone (usually it defaults to the "my documents" folder on the phone.)

Then simply open Don't Forget and go to settings then when you click on the empty space to choose the file the RIGHT soft key changes to FOLDERS hit that...then browse to the "My Documents" folder or wherever you put the file and choose select ( you are choosing the FOLDER not the file.) then it will show you what WAV files are in the folder and you can choose SELECT.

ALL DONE.

You can also simply download the file from the site directly to the phone and skip the computer step.

LASTLY, you do have am underscore key, you hit the ALT then the SHIFT key and that brings up additional symbols including the underscore

Hope this helps

Shawn
  15. mariselaporras

File not selecting

That's what I did, when I selected the file it shows the wav. file number and then I selected again and doesn't do anything. I may be doing something wrong, but I also followed your directions and when I selected the screen stays the same and it won't go to the space in oder to apply the sound.:angry:
  16. mariselaporras

Freaking select.

I chose the soft key "select" again and again and the screen stayed the same. The sound is not transfer to the space where the wav. file is supposed to go. I want this application to work...Help:angry:
  17. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

Is the file name showing up in the box?

View attachment 1495

Did you check to boxes on what to alert you for?

View attachment 1496

Lastly did you get the latest version?

and can you hear other sounds on the phone. (volume not turned down), also the program has its own volume setting, I leave mine on MAX

Attached Files:

• 1.bmp
      File size:
      225.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.bmp
      File size:
      225.1 KB
      Views:
  18. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

when you go to choose the sound, is it showing up after you select the folder it's supposed to be in?

Then once you see the file then you choose the LEFT soft key, which is SELECT, and that should get you to the first image above.

when I get things like that happening, soft keys not responding. Sometimes a good old fashioned soft reset is in order.
  19. mariselaporras

Select problem

I downloaded a few weeks ago so it maybe the newest version. The problem is when I chose select it won't do anything. The file is there, but it won't transfer to the program when I choose select. I have the same settings that you have, but, the freaking space is still empty.:angry:
  20. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

keep trying

latest version is 2.5 beta 1

but it worked for me in previous versions too.

View attachment 1497

should look like this and then chose select.

If you aren't getting the name of the file in the screen then it's not seeing it in the folder. Are you using the ZIP or the WAV? if you put the ZIP file on it must be UNZIPPED first.

if the soft key is not working I'd really do a soft reset and try again

Attached Files:

• 1.bmp
      File size:
      225.1 KB
      Views: