Documents To Go or Microsoft Office Mobile

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by dmarcil, Nov 29, 2007.

1. crupp

crupp New Member

If Docs to go is working I would stick with it. Now that being said if they would have included "one note mobile" than yes but Docs to Go ,for me, is working as i need it to.
  2. Technician

Technician New Member

I did buy the application.

The $10 coupon does work if you are thinking about it may as well buy it while cheap.

The program on install take the file associations for word, excel and powerpoint. Oh zip... too.

My quick review.

I had no problems with any office document I opened, seemed zippy and easier to use than documents to go.

So far I had not found a way to create new documents.

All in all I think it was worth the $40.
  3. sivart

sivart New Member

can you provide a link to the coupon?
  4. Technician

Technician New Member

5. buzzzqwert

buzzzqwert New Member

As far as I'm concerned Microsoft mobile Word and Excel will NEVER be as good as third party programs. I tried Wm6 on my Q and got rid of it and bought Documents to Go. Same on my PPC, I use SpreadCE in place of mobile Excel because it's 10x better.
  6. bragl123

bragl123 New Member

I have the same issue. I received an email today with an attachment. It was produced with Outlook 2007. The current version that came on my Q9h is Documents to Go v 2xxxx, I think. I either have to upgrade to the new version (I am still within my 30 day test period of the Q) and am not sure which upgrade I want. I haven't tested the Docs to go aps BT'd from PC to Q and vice versa yet, so I don't know how well DtG will take a Word doc, allow editing and resend with all of the doc in tact. It was irratating that I get this new Q and it has a full version (or so I was told) of DtG on it.....ATT rep just didn't say it was the most current. Good thing I am not running Outlook 2007 on my PC's or it wouldn't even work. ATT didn't even ask what Outlook version I had. That isn't very thoughtful!

I am going to have to update to something to get Outlook 2007 doc's in email attachments as well as be able to work on 2003. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

any version of DTG 3.xx will work with office 2007 files
  8. bragl123

bragl123 New Member

I was wondering the same question. WM Office PC comes with a calendar, but I don't know what calendar program is on the Q (I asked this in an earlier questions and don't think I ever got an answer).

The current Q calendar is limited, but I wouldn't want to try WMO if the calendar didn't come with it. DTG full version (trial) still won't sinc holidays..not sure if WMO would or not.

If I can download a trial version of WMO, I would know if better or not. I do know that the "full" version of DTG loaded on the Q would not allow viewing of Office 2007 docs...I had to download DTG trail that would. That is one thing that bugs me about ATT, I guess their the culprits, their loaded software is wimpy. Even ATT 5 Shop ap doesn't even work. I get a "index.wmf" page but it doesn't go anywhere in Opera. ATT 4 shop multimedia is similar. Why put icons on a phone they sell that hopefully create more revenue from purchases and they don't work?
  9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thought i answered this
    its outlook mobile on the Q

the documents to go on the older Q's is version 2.x which can not open office 2007 files
    version 3.x can

look on the www.windowsmobile.com for a trial or info on office mobile...its not cheap...like 50 bucks
    or i think handango.com has it