Do I need to stay?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by SimonQ, Jun 2, 2008.

1. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

well if u want to fly to michigan and work on thatwith me in my lab... i mean if u wanna be a tester
  2. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

Damn I'm sorry tech.erella, is there anything I can do to sober you up?
  3. Corey H

Corey H New Member

i suggest u say with the Q.....surprised u dared to ask the "Q"uestion
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

good one Tony :}

and yes, Hotel California is a *great* song.
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

Meh, I think a bucket of cold water will sober her up...but I have been looking for her all night...lord only knows what rock I will find her under :>
  6. cheri

cheri Active Member

It is a great song...but for middle school choir it was kind of weird dont ya think?
    To top it off there was one part we were NOT allowed to sing.(your guess here) But the naughty kids did any way....surprise! It was a pivotal point in my life...jk
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

yeah, not the best pick for middle school. Now they "sing" much worse. Sad.....
  8. sherri

sherri Active Member

Middle school choices

My 5th grader (will be entering middle school next year...) and her friends wanted to sing (in an elementary school "idol" type competition) "My milkshake brings them boys to the yard....." Thank God director said "Ain't gonna happen, girls...!" LOL.

None of them have any "milk" to "shake", nor would they know what to do in the "yard" once the boys got there!
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

as known, i am not from around these here parts and even after 7-8 years i still am clueless why people say the class they were in instead of their age.. weirdo Americans :}

no way, you were considered one of the "naughty" kids ?... that's a shocker :}
  10. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Oh dont worry bout me, im fine. To SimonQ: "stay or leave, I want you not to go but you should. It was good as far as good goes".........a sack of quarters to the first person who guesses the title and artist of that song, lol
  11. sherri

sherri Active Member

An explanation for RB...

Hey, RB...the reason we say what class we are/were in rather than age is because every school district varies the age you can start school! As a teacher and a parent, this is dumb, I know, but it set up by a bureaucracy, and they are unwilling to listen to reason. Also, there has to be a cutoff somewhere, they assure me!!

The school district I live in does it by birth year. If you were born in 2000, you start Kindergarten in 2005. Doesn't matter when in 2000, just 2000. A child born December 31, 2005 is in the same class grade as a child born January 1, 2005. Most of the southeast has a cutoff of August or September 1, so you have to be at least 5 when you enter kindergarten.

My son was born October 27, 1995, so he started Kindergarten here in September, 2000. Our friends in Florida have a daughter born November 13, 1995 (2 weeks later), but because of where she is, she didn't start school until the next year.

Some schools up here are idiotic...they have completely arbitrary cut-off dates. The district up the block (next town/different school district) uses December 1. Where I grew up, it was December 11.

As an aside, you also have kids who, for whatever reason, are "held back", so their age doesn't correspond to their school year. I know someone whose child was born November 1997 (same year as my youngest daughter). Started Kindergarten September 2002. (Correct time as per my school district, but remember he was only 4!). Did not do well socially (duhhhh!!) so he was "held back" by his parents. Following September, he was now 5 in Kindergarten again. A few years later, they moved to Florida, and he is now "correct age for grade" in Florida, but he was again having problems, so he was "held back" again, making him 2 years behind in my district, but only 1 year behind in Florida....

Got all that??? Sorry you asked???? LOL!
  12. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

publik edjucatons at its best....
  13. sherri

sherri Active Member

Hey, Mike...I know it stinks, but what is a better solution? Some suggested testing children before entering school (my district does have a kindergarten pre-screening process....however, if the parent disagrees with the school evaluation, they go by what the parent wants, as long as child in "born" in the right year!!).

Testing kids isn't the answer either, as then you could have 4 year old Kindergartners (like my son was) in school with almost 7 year olds, if the 7 year olds are that "not-ready for prime time!"

I know someone whose daughter was born December 31, 1996, making her eligible for Kindergarten (here, at least...) in September 2001. She "held back", so she would be one of the oldest in her grade, instead of the youngest. She could have gone either way, because the child was ready in 2001. Instead, she did an extra year of private nursery school, and started in 2002.

Like I said, even though the cut-offs sometimes seem arbitrary, what is a better solution?
  14. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

don't think there is a good solution.

I missed the cut-off, daughter will also. thats fine, she is small for her age. No problems fitting in, she has the boys lined up to hold her hand.
  15. sherri

sherri Active Member

My daughter made the cut-off. She STILL has boys fighting for her hand. (This is my youngest....)Hence, the "milkshake" song! LOL

If Rachel was my first, I think she may have been my last! She's boy crazy at 10! Lord help me!
  16. cheri

cheri Active Member

sis when they figure out what that song really means in a few years they are going to be like eeeeewww we wanted to sing that in 5th grade! yes agreed thank God for the director! Our choir teacher was also the French teacher and as true to stereotype she was INSANE! lol
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

nope was not a naughty kid then...surpise! lol
  18. sherri

sherri Active Member

Cheri, the problem is, my daughter DOES know what it means!
  19. cheri

cheri Active Member

she does I understand that...but you know being a young girl, it doesnt settle the same as when you are grown.

I used to like the song Im So Into You...i knew what it ment...but didnt REALLY get it until I was older lol.

capice?

20. Too many kids stayed back I guess :)
    This topic is waaaayy off topic now.